Chapter 46: A Violent Confrontation

⚠️ GENERAL CW ADVISORY. PLEASE READ A/N FOR SPECIFIC CW ⚠️

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You arrive home later that evening, just after 6, having spent the afternoon driving around Stohess, trying to clear your head before making your way back to Shiganshina. The drive does in fact help and you decide to put Aunt Grace's failing health to one side for just tonight. You need tonight to be relaxing, you've gone through so much already. 

As you get home, you suddenly feel at peace. You've had a peaceful work week, you have a supportive network of new friends to possibly replace the old, you'll soon spend a whole weekend with them, and on top of everything, you and Eren will have a long weekend away from everything. You simply can't wait for Eren to pick you up after you're done work tomorrow so you can drive out to Uri Lake where Historia's family cottage sits.

You walk into a quiet home and shrug your bag and coat on the floor, too hungry to clean after yourself. You grab one of your takeout flyers from your kitchen drawer and order some dishes for yourself to chow down on as you watch Chainsaw Man, smoke a joint, and wait for Eren to get back home.

As you're waiting for the delivery, you decide to change into something more casual and walk upstairs, a little bounce in your step. You go into the bathroom on your left and then through your closet, finding a nice pink graphic off-shoulder sweater to wear and some shorts. You throw off your pants and blouse and shimmy into them. You text Eren just to say you're home now and hear the doorbell ring.

Wow that was fast. You beam, positively giddy for your takeout and bounce back downstairs and throw the door open.

"Wow, I only made that call twenty minut—" you stop dead in your tracks as you see your ex-husband on your porch, looking furious. You quickly try to slam the door shut but Porco's quicker as he reflexively grabs it and shoves it open enough for him to get in.

"You two are fucking?? YOU'RE FUCKING EREN FUCKING JAEGER???" He screams as he rushes in and slams the door shut behind him. "YOU'RE FUCKING THAT LITTLE CREEP??"

You take two massive steps back, your eyes wide in shock and terror. "Don't scream at me like that Porco! Get out!" You manage to shout.

He takes two steps forward and you take two steps back. "Are you out of your fucking mind??? What the fuck is going through your head right now Rose?"

Porco's hazel eyes are absolutely ablaze with fury and after you recover your senses, yours blaze as well.

"How is it any of your business? We are not together! We don't live together! We're hardly even married!"

"WE ARE MARRIED!" Porco shouts. He's standing next to one of your armchairs and proceeds to grab it and throw it to the ground. "You're nothing but a slut, running around town and fucking half the men at work when you're married to me!" In his rage, he goes berserk, grabbing the remote and throwing it at you. You quickly spin and it hits your arm, and you let out a yelp of pain before looking back. You put up your hands to try and calm him.

"Porco stop!" You say as calmly as you can, but your voice is trembling. "Stop, the neighbours are gonna hear you! You need to calm down!"

"Let them hear me! Let the whole fucking neighbourhood know I married a whore who sleeps with filthy gutter trash!" He shouts, huffing heavily in his rage.

"Porco..." you try to take a deep breath. "I—I just can't do this with you anymore!" You turn around and stride to the dining table where there's a pile of documents you've accumulated over the past few days. You grab a manila envelope, take a trembling breath, and turn it over to Porco.