🍋The Wonder Duo🍋

By the time he was sixteen, Katsuki Bakugou had already killed someone.

Not with his hands, not with his quirk, in the way that he thought he might. He can't lie and say that he's never worried that his quirk might accidentally kill someone, shit, sometimes, he's fantasized about it. He's dreamt of finding a villain-- of watching them blow up from the explosion produced in his hands.

That's how Bakugou always imagined he'd kill someone. Never like this. He hates that it ended up like this.

He told Deku to jump, and he did.

They say he did it in an unknown location, probably off a bridge or somewhere remote that made it so his body could not be found.

Bakugou had tried to keep it from them, from everyone. It wasn't until he sat in a police station, being questioned about the disappearance of Izuku Midoriya, that he finally admitted it.

"I told him to jump off a building. I didn't think he'd do it." Bakugou watched as everyone's face in the room curled in disgust, even his own mother's. Bakugou choked on his tears, swallowed the bile that threatened to come up his throat. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I'm sorry. I'm-"

He doesn't know how he didn't go to jail or at least get arrested. He thinks that it's because Auntie Inko refused to let that happen. He thinks it's because she believes that's what Deku would have wanted.

Deku always wanted more for Bakugou than he deserved. He always looked at him like a pity case, even though he was the quirkless piece of shit. Fuck. Deku. Fucking Deku. He can't stop dreaming about him, thinking about him. Fuck you, Deku. Sometimes, he even wishes he could fuck Deku.

He doesn't know how he gets into UA. Maybe they don't know that he's a murderer. Nobody treats him like he is. Maybe they feel badly for him too. He's disgusting, he hates it, he hates this. The only reason he's here is because he needs them. He needs this training. Because he needs to find Deku.

See, the world thinks that Izuku Midoriya is dead.

Katsuki Bakugou really wants to disagree.

-----

His classmates don't understand. They don't understand him, or the world. They question his motivation to want to become a hero. He tells them that they're stupid, that there's no way they can understand how he feels.

His stupid homeroom teacher makes him start seeing the school's counselor.

Very quickly, Katsuki learns a few things.

He knows that he needs to stay at UA to both hone his quirk and learn the skills he needs to really find Deku.

Katsuki might be a murderer on paper, but they never found a body. Izuku Midoriya's grave is empty. Katsuki wants to find him and blow the headstone to dust by himself.

This is where he needs to be to get all of that done.

So, Katsuki learns that he needs to be here. He also learns how to lie, how to fit in and stay part of the crowd just enough to get by.

Soon, it'll all be worth it.

-----

Bakugou defeats his first villains at the USJ-- standing next to the kid with the shitty hair like they're some kind of team. The entire thing is disgusting. The teamwork, the faux heroics, the fact that these asshole villains get taken down so quickly.

Until they don't.

Tomura Shigaraki's stare meets Bakugou's eyes for just a second before he warps away.

Does he know? Can he tell? Can he feel that Bakugou's one of them? Can he sense that Bakugou's no good? That he's a liar? That he's broken, inside and out?