Inspiration

No Quirk AU
Musician Bakugou Katsuki
Artist Midoriya Izuku

-----

When Izuku was younger, he had a friend he adored. They were best friends. And now, Izuku can admit to himself that he was in love. But in their teens, Katsuki moved away to go to a prestigious school for young musicians. His whole family was filled with artists of different kinds, and Katsuki was just like them. Amazing in the arts. Whether it be painting, music, or even cooking. Katsuki was amazing.

So, when Izuku was found by the famous artist Toshinori Yagi, his hero, he was taught how to sculpt out of one of the most difficult materials to sculpt with in the world. Gold. Now, it can't be pure gold, since gold is too soft. But the majority of it is gold.

Izuku started small. With spheres of gold to small faceless figures. And eventually moved up into creating people from magazines and TV. None of them he publicly displayed as he felt they weren't worth it. He wanted to impress Toshinori Yagi, his mentor, his hero, the sculptor who made the grand All Might Statue! So, after months of working hard on finding the perfect inspiration? He fell flat. He had no idea what to do. No one was worth sculpting to him. Until he saw Katsuki on TV doing a live performance. The sounds his instrument played were soft and majestic. Everything about his posture was perfect. Izuku found his inspiration!

Wanting to go for a sort of Greek style, he went for Katsuki in the nude. Which, luckily, with Katsuki being a star, there were already some nudes of him out there. He was a very proud man, after all. He did not care if people saw him naked. So, his reference was accurate!

-----

Now, it's time. He's spent over 5 years on his masterpiece. He's ready to impress Toshinori! He's ready to impress the world! And hopefully, Katsuki will never know who did this. As he goes under an alias named Deku. But as he's scrolling through the list of invites, Bakugou Katsuki's name pops up. Izuku goes still. He gave his mother tickets to give out to whomever she wanted. She invited his childhood friend Katsuki. Which would normally be fine. If his masterpiece WASN'T KATSUKI HIMSELF!! But now he knows it was a mistake to not tell his mother what the statue is. He wanted it to be a surprise, dammit! But this?!

Dressed in his nicest suit, he's sweating like a river and panicking. Katsuki will be there to see Izuku's mysterious masterpiece... HIM!! He'll know how much of a simp Izuku is for him! He'll think he's obsessed and crazy!! Especially making a naked statue of your childhood friend!? Yeah, that's kinda weird now that he thinks of it.

He rushes to his piece to try to look for any flaw that he can use to call off the event. But dammit! He perfected it too much! There's no flaw he can find! The only flaw would be that it's NOT him!! BUT THE REAL HIM IS GOING TO BE THERE!! Izuku needs to check to make sure Katsuki hasn't shown up yet! He rushes to peak at the front door of the venue and right as he does, the blonde menace himself walks in. FUCK!!

"Mr. Toshinori?!" Izuku runs up to him. "We need to cancel this."

"Why?!" Toshinori looks shocked.

"My masterpiece is about to view my masterpiece!!" Izuku is panicking.

"Your masterpiece is about to view itself? I'm confused."

"The person I sculpted is coming here!!!"

"Oh! That's wonderful!"

"NOOOO!! It's not!! I haven't seen him in years!! And oh gosh, he's going to think I'm obsessed!!"

"Midoriya, my boy, calm yourself." He laughs. "Is he an artist?"

"Musician."

"Same thing! Then I'm sure he'll feel very proud to have been your inspiration!"

"I sculpted him naked." He deadpans.