No Hiding in Love

Katsuki woke up to his alarm. He grumbled and turned it off. Last night he had the brilliant idea of making pancakes, but since the batter needed at least an hour of rest, Bakugou had to wake up at 5:30 to be sure the pancakes would be perfectly ready for breakfast.

And no, his decision to make them had nothing to do with Deku saying last night, while they were watching a movie in the common room with the others extras, that it had been too long since he’d eaten a good, homemade pancake.

Bakugou changed from his pajamas to his workout clothes. He would go on his morning run while the batter rested.

He went to the kitchen and started working. He figured that because of how many people there would be he would need to make two big bowls of batter. After thirty minutes of preparation, Bakugou put the two bowls in the fridge and took out his phone for his morning run. He put on a timer for thirty minutes to be sure he wouldn’t be late and take too long to get back to the dorms.

After putting on his sneakers, Katsuki made sure his phone was safely tucked in his running orange armband. Deku offered it to him after he broke his phone when it fell from his pocket during one of their sprints. Bakugou had won the run, so he wasn’t even that mad that he’d broken his phone.

It was Sunday, so Deku wouldn’t go with him on his morning run and Bakugou wouldn’t put in his headphones. Last year he discovered that, because of his quirk, he was slowly becoming deaf and developed tinnitus. Because of that he sometimes wasn’t sure if the noise he was hearing was real or just in his head. He needed to be fully aware of his environment, especially because he was going to be alone in the early hours of the morning.

Katsuki ran around the whole dorm sector and, because of the hour and the day of the week, he was completely alone, only running into Hound Dog. No matter the day or the weather, the guidance counselor would go for his morning run.

When he arrived at third year dorms, Bakugou took a break and looked at the building. In two months, after the school vacations, the 3-A dorms building would be his new home for a year. At the same time, he and Deku would start preparing themselves for the final exams.

They had talked about their futures during one of their many late-night discussions. They would have an apartment together in Hosu and start as sidekicks. Later, when they had enough experience, Dynamight and Deku would open their own hero agency. They even had the name, The Twin Stars.

Katsuki was shaken out of his daydream by the vibration of his phone. He needed to go back to the 2-A dorms.

As soon as he got back, Bakugou went to his room for a quick shower, put on a black tank top with his pajama pants, and returned to the kitchen. He took out the first bowl of pancake batter and turned on the electric plate. After the first ten pancakes, Katsuki started hearing some quiet noises. It sounded like light footsteps. He looked at his phone to check the hour but it was only 7:20 in the morning.

He knew his classmates. No one would be awake on a Sunday morning at 7:20. The noise started getting closer but he didn’t see anyone. Maybe his tinnitus was tricking him again.

Bakugou shrugged and went back to his twelfth pancake and he heard a quiet “Kacchan?”

He turned back his head and saw Eri wearing her pink cat-themed pajamas and tightly holding her Eraserhead cat plushie. The little girl was spending so much time with Deku at the dorm that she had picked up the childhood nickname.

"Pipsqueak? What are you doing up this early?”

Eri hid her face in her plushie. “Nightmare.”

Bakugou sighed. It’s not like he didn’t like Eri, it’s just that he knew his own temper. He knew that the little girl needed calm and patience and everything that Bakugou wasn’t, so he always stayed away when Eri was in the dorms. Katsuki was working on his temper with Hound Dog and the school therapist, but shit like that doesn’t change in one night