A Drunken Confession

Characters are pro heroes already

----------------------------------

“If Half’n Half bastard thinks I haven’t picked on his little game, he’s got another thing coming.”

“What are you talking about, Kacchan ?” Izuku asked, without stopping to fumble for his key.

November nights were especially chilled, and the bearer of One For All couldn’t wait to get inside their car – and more importantly, to turn the heating on.

“Icy Hot. He was totally hitting on you.” Katsuki grumbled.

“You’re saying nonsense.” Izuku finally felt his old All Might keyring, lost in one of the too many pockets of his jacket “Ah! Found it.”

Ever since graduating from UA five years ago, Izuku, Katsuki and their group of friends had started a tradition to make sure of not burning bridges – something they all knew was bound to happen, slowly but surely, if they didn’t take measures at the very start.

Being Pro Heroes was incredibly time-consuming. It was not a rare occurrence for Izuku and Katsuki to not be able to properly spend time together for several weeks in a row – and they were living together.

So, at Mina’s suggestion, every three months, they scheduled dinner at a restaurant to keep in touch. This time, it had been Izuku’s turn to be the driver so Katsuki could enjoy some drinks. And so, like every time this arrangement happened, Katsuki had ended up slightly tipsy.

Izuku could tell the pinkish tint on his husband’s cheeks was not from the cold.

As they were exiting the parking and heading toward their place – which was not so far as they could have walked if it hadn’t been freezing – Izuku noticed the blond was still displeased. Arms crossed on his chest, chin down, and teeth gritted. He was sulking like a child, which sent a shot of fondness right in the younger’s chest.

“You’re getting wrong ideas because you drank too much Kacchan.” He chirped gently and blindly reached for the other’s hand, squeezing it.

“I’m not getting wrong ideas, damn nerd. And I didn’t drink that much! Just because you’re buzzy after one glass doesn’t mean I’m like you.”

Katsuki’s words might have sounded a little sharp for anyone not used to his behavior, but Izuku was now fluent in Kacchan’s language and saw right through it. The calloused thumb stroking the inside of his palm just confirmed his theory. His husband was not shutting him down, far from it – he was just being petty and a bit possessive.

“ He was fucking devouring you with his damn eyes the whole time.” Katsuki kept rambling, slightly annoyed.

Izuku raised his eyes to the sky “Kacchan. You’re talking about Shoto. His face is always, like, blank.”

“See! He asked you to call him by his first name ! He was hitting on you!”

“He said we could call him like this back in high school, you tipsy dummy.”

“That’s because he wants you since high school.” Katsuki mumbled in a scowl.

“Well even if he were, I’m pretty sure he’d given up now. You know, me and you being married and all.”

Izuku felt Katsuki’s fingers migrate delicately to his ring finger, caressing the golden band there.

“Damn right we are.”

Izuku could hear the grin in the blond’s smile.

As they pulled out, having arrived at their home, Katsuki called.