Chapter 115

T/N:I wasn't going to upload the chapter today, but I wanted to thank
Mrsbeneviento for the 25 pounds donation , I recently been having some financial issues (Thats why the uploading was a mess) and I am really greatful for this. Thank you so much Mrsbeneviento >_<

Not far away, there was a canopy where a few staff members sat. The soldier pointed towards them. "See that canopy? Take this ticket over there to register, and the staff will show you to your living quarters."

Lin Ran glanced at the soldier and quickly asked, "Does everyone live in the same kind of place, or are there differences?"

The soldier looked at Lin Ran's bag, gave her a sideways glance, and muttered, "Of course it's different. The rooms inside the building are better than those outside. See that administrative building? One tent out there has to fit twenty people. In this heat, it's unbearable. If you look toward the sports field, most families live there, which is relatively cleaner. As for the building, it's mainly reserved for people with connections."

"Officer, where are we being assigned to?" Lin Ran quickly asked.

"All newcomers, unless there's a special situation, are assigned to the tents near the administrative building, with twenty people per tent," the soldier replied impatiently.

Lin Ran dug into her pocket and pulled out two packs of cigarettes, handing them to the soldier. "Officer, please show us some leniency. You see, it hasn't been easy for us, and my daughter is still so young. She won't be able to sleep well in a tent like that."

Seeing the two packs of cigarettes, the soldier's expression immediately brightened.

He quickly pocketed the cigarettes when no one was looking. "No need for formalities. My name's Liu Da. We're acquainted now, so if you need anything, just come find me. I'm usually here every day."

After thinking for a moment, Liu Da continued, "How about this? Since your child is still young and you have a few people with you, I'll arrange for you to stay in a new tent over by the sports field. Wait here for a moment, and I'll rewrite the number tag."

"Thank you, Officer Liu," Lin Ran said with a smile. They were currently fugitives and needed to find someone in the shelter, so they couldn't afford to draw too much attention. Offering a small bribe for a cleaner place to stay was the best approach.

Three minutes later, Liu Da returned. "All set. Go over there and register, and someone from the canopy will take you to your tent."

Liu Da handed Lin Ran the new card. After thanking him, she went over to the canopy to register.

While Lin Ran and her group were handling the paperwork, she noticed people emerging from their medical checks. Liu Da was busy assigning these new arrivals to the crowded twenty-person tents near the administrative building.

Before long, a female alpha staff member finished registering Lin Ran's group and led them towards the sports field. After glancing over the group, she couldn't help but look at Mo Ruanruan and gave a quiet warning, "The sports field area isn't very peaceful. Since you have a small child with you, be careful."

"Thanks for the warning. We'll be cautious," Lin Ran quickly replied.

The staff member led them to a tent in the middle of the sports field. Inside, there were no beds, just simple wooden planks, which would serve as beds once bedding was placed on them. The bedding itself needed to be collected from the staff.

Ding Tong and Wei Qingshuo went to pick up the supplies, while Lin Ran and the others checked out the tent with the little one. It was summer, and the tent was stuffy, not well-ventilated, but at least it would keep out the rain, and they didn't have to share the space with others, which was a relief.