Forgotten (Any boy)

You sit at the table alone. You rest your head in your hand absently playing with your food. It was the same story every time and it just keeps getting worse. You check your phone noticing this time he's an hour late. You put enough money on the table and grab you things before leaving. You wrap your jacket around you tighter as the fall breeze blows through your hair. You phone starts to go off but you don't check it. You know it's him and you already know what he's going to say. It's the exact same, almost like he's reading it from a script. He's going to plead and beg you to forgive him and list excuse after excuse of why he once again missed an important date. They've ranged from birthdays to anniversaries to promotions. He even missed your graduation. When you finally get ahold of him to inform him how your special night went (of course without him), he acts like he's too busy to be bothered by your words and that hurts the most. You eventually make it to your door and sigh. Another birthday without him while he's out playing rockstar. Everyday he becomes more and more of a stranger and you're tired of being the only one who wants to make it worse. This isn't about you. It never is. It's about his dream and his lifestyle and you being the supportive girlfriend, let him get away with his lame excuses. You can't complain, not that there's anyone to listen anyway. You change into comfy clothes and wipe off the makeup. You lay on your bed staring at all the pictures of you and him all over your wall. You phone rings again but you could care less. You turn your phone off, hoping you'll wake up in a better life or wake up to this real life simply being a nightmare.