Forever and Always (Luke)

"You're doing what?!" Your father screams at you from across the table. You squeeze Luke's hand underneath the table and try to not cry. "Sir with all due respect, I love your daughter more than I could put into words." He tries to reason. "You're 19! Y/n is only 18 and just graduated! There's no way you're old enough to be getting married!" He says furiously. "Dad! We've been dating for 4 and a half years!" You speak up defending him. You loved Luke more than anything in the whole world and you knew you were ready to marry him. You've been ready for a long time. You and Luke knew that you had to tell your parents. His parents were very supportive and Liz acted like you were already married. You both knew it was strange to get married so young but you were ready for this. "Neither one of you have serious jobs and y/n is going to college. How do you plan on paying for things?" You dad says, like he's won the argument already. "I'm getting a job with my father that makes great money. And y/n is going to college, but she's decided to stay here for it." Luke says rubbing his thumb gently over your hand to calm your nerves. "You're not doing that. What happened to your dream school?" "Dad that dream school costs thousands of dollars a year and I don't have that kind of money. No one does. I'm going where I can comfortably afford to go and still get the same degree." You say. "Yeah so you can be closer to some boy!" He says. "Dad I don't care. We're getting married. You can either be there when I walk down the isle or not. That's your choice. Let's go Luke." You say getting up and storming out with Luke. You're silent the whole ride back to his house. You get out of the car and start to cry as it sinks in that your parents might not be there for your most important day. Luke rushes over and hugs you tightly. "Shh y/n everything's going to be okay. You have me and my family and I'm sure your parents will come around. They'd be stupid to kick someone like you out of your life." He whispers. You wrap your arms around him. "I love you so much babe. We can get through this I promise. And if you want to wait I understand." He adds. You shake your head. "I've waited long enough. I'm ready to marry you I just wish they saw it like your parents did." You whisper. "I love you too" you add kissing him gently. "Forever and always."

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! The update is kinda late but I've been busy studying for these awful finals 😭 requests are open as usual also IM SEEING 5SOS TWICE THIS YEAR and I'm so so excited!! Are any of you going? If so what days? Happy reading. Xx

Comment. Vote. Share.