Parties and the New Year (Calum)

"Y/n please?! It'll be so much fun! It's the last party of year!" He says smiling slightly at the pun. "Ha-ha. Still not going" you say stubbornly. Calum has been your best friend since forever even when high school came around and he rose to the top of the social ladder(like you knew he would) and you were the quiet girl who kept to herself. Calum was out of his mind trying to convince you to go along with one of his crazy ideas only this time it included a party full of people you couldn't stand and a bunch of alcohol. He was basically on his knees begging you. "Fine fine! I'll go just get off my floor" you say groaning. He jumps up cheering and tells you he'll be here at 8 to pick you up. You roll your eyes but decide on getting ready. You decided on a plain black dress with tights underneath and a gold necklace. You added a light touch of make up and slipped on some heals. You knew it was going to be held at one of the richer kid's house so everyone was going to be dressed nice. At 8:15 Calum texts you that he's outside and you walk out and see him in a white shirt and some black pants. He looks stunned as you get in the car. "You look good." He says. "You don't look too bad yourself. Now are we doing this or what?" You ask breaking his stare. He nods and soon you find yourselves at a house with a bunch of people already inside. Calum goes to say hi and you walk around aimlessly for a while. A while later you're bored out of your mind when you hear your name being called. You look over to see Calum waving you over. You go and sit next to him on the couch. "We're playing spin the bottle. Cmon you'll love it." He says smiling. You take a seat nervously and look around at all the other drunk idiots seated around you. You recognized a few and watched as the game began. Soon it was Calum's turn and he spun the bottle. Everyone watched as the bottle slowed down and landed on you. Your hands felt sweaty and you were really nervous. He looked over and you and leaned in. He brushed his lips against yours before actually kissing you. It felt like puzzle pieces. Like you were made to kiss him. He pulled away and the game continued and felt sad that it meant nothing to him. The game ends after people got bored and you made your way through the crowd. You watch the tv as the countdown to the new year begins. Another year being in love with your oblivious best friend. As the ball drops and everyone screams happy new year you feel lips once again press against yours as you were caught off guard. You pull away surprised to see Calum. He tucks a piece of hair behind your ear. "Best way to start the new year." He whispers.

-------------------------------------------------------
Almost 7k reads😱 holy shit you guys are incredible! I love you all so much and I hope you guys have a great new year! What are some of your resolutions?

Comment. Vote. Share.