Favorite Author (Calum)

Today was the day you had been looking forward to for a long time. You thought at the beginning of the year that taking literature was a stupid idea, but now you are silently praising yourself. Today you have a guest speaker from one of your favorite authors. Thomas Anonymous. His writing style is funny in a dry sense yet very thrilling. His series The Girl Upstairs is your favorite series. It's the first time he's ever spoken publicly and no one knows what he looks like. You were so excited and were brainstorming ideas along with imagining what he looks like. You saw a copy of one of the books on the chair next to yours in the front so you picked it up to reread the first book since its your favorite. You couldn't help but smile to yourself as you're filled with the familiar feelings you feel every time you turn the pages. "I see you've picked up my book. I must say your facial expressions are hysterical." You look up to see a gorgeous boy staring down at you. He wasn't in your class, that much you were sure of. You blushed and handed him his book. "Sorry about that. Didn't know who it belonged too." He smiles and sits next to you. "I take it you're a fan of the author?" He asks. You nod frantically. "I love him. His writing style is the greatest and I've read the series more times than I can count!" You gush. You try to hide your embarrassment about sounding like a total nerd in front of this cute stranger. "I heard he's speaking today" he says. "Yeah I can't wait! I wonder what he looks like" you say out loud. He laughs and nods agreeing. A while later the other people in your class filed in and your professor beamed from the front of the room and introduced Thomas. You were completely shocked to see the boy next to you stand up and introduce himself as Thomas Anonymous. All of the questions you had before completely slipped your mind, in fact you missed most of the discussion as you were off in your own world of shock. The bell rang too soon and you slowly grabbed your stuff and waited until everyone else left the room before approaching him. "You're Thomas Anonymous?" You ask in shock. "Yeah." He says smiling widely. "Wow now I really feel dumb." You say blushing. He laughs quietly and signs the book you were reading earlier. "It's Calum by the way. Thomas is my alias but you have to promise to keep it a secret." He says with a wink. You nod frantically feeling special and like an idiot all at once. "Are you kidding me?! Of course I'll keep it a secret. This is the best day ever thank you so much." You say smiling widely. He smiles one last time before pulling you into a hug. "I'm glad." He calls out as your hurry to your next class. You stop in the middle of the hallway when you see his note. "To the girl in class ;) love Calum" with his number scribbled underneath.

-------------------------------------------------------
Guys I'm so sorry this update took so long I've just been so busy and god I need a break and a quiet library to write nonstop 😭😭 happy reading. Xx

Comment. Vote. Share.