Giving Tree (Luke)

You sighed as you pushed the shopping cart down the isle. Every year your work does a giving tree and everyone takes a name of someone in need. This year you got a boy a little older than you which was new. Usually you get little kids and they're always easy to shop for and easy to please. An older guy however is going to be a challenge. The holidays were coming up and you still didn't have a gift. You drew the mitten the with some information about your person. You knew his name was Luke, that he was 20 years old, and wneeded underwear and a cd from a band you've never heard of. You sighed not knowing what kind if underwear he wanted. Who the hell asks for underwear as a gift? This Luke kid apparently. After being at the store for what feels like forever you had what you needed. You went home and wrapped it so it was ready to go. A week later you showed up at his doorstep to deliver the gifts. You knock on the door and pull your coat closer. You're in a really rough part of town and it was creepy to be out here by yourself. The door finally opens and reveals a tall boy with the bluest eyes you've ever seen. "Hi um you must be Luke. I um I'm here for the giving tree thing." You stutter out. He nods and you watch the blush start to form. "Um yeah come in. Sorry it's such a mess I uh didn't really think it was a think I just kinda applied for it." He says nervously. You walk inside on high alert. The guy looks harmless but you never know. You look around at the very cheap and falling apart apartment. You set the gift bag on the small table and watch Luke get something from the kitchen. "I would offer you something to drink but there isn't anything here." He says blushing further. You felt really bad for this guy. You had nothing else better to do so you decided to stick around a while. "How about we go get something to eat? My treat" you say smiling. He looks up at you like he's going to cry. "Really? Thank you so much." He whispers. He shuffles to another part of the apartment which you guess is his room. He comes out dressed and adds a thin coat. You frown but grab you keys. You spent the rest of the night having a great time with the boy with pretty blue eyes and a broken home.

----------------------------------------------
Guys I feel really bad that I'm updating really late and that this ending probably sucks but I've been really sick lately and all I want to lay in bed so blah 😷😷 stay healthy my friends. Happy reading. Xx

Comment. Vote. Share.