Permanent (Calum)

"Babe I'm home!" You hear Calum call out. He walks into the living room where you are seated on the couch. "You're home early. I thought you were at Ashton's until late?" You question. "Well damn I can leave. Sorry for wanting to see my girlfriend" He says sassily. You can tell by his tone he's joking. "Alright what is it?" You ask him, not fooled by his antics. "What makes you think there's something?" He asks. "Calum you only kiss my ass when you either a) want something or b) did something really stupid so which is it." You say unimpressed. "Wow okay" He says. "Are you ready?" He asks. You nod still waiting. He slips his shirt off over his head and you look at him confused. You watch as he rips off a white bandage that covered part of his shoulder. "Close your eyes" He tells you. You close them and he turns around so his back is facing yours. "Okay open." He whispers. You open your eyes and are totally shocked. You run your fingers over the swollen ink and you see him wince. "Cal" You start, trying to find the right words. "Do you like it?" He asks nervously. "It's a little late now" He tries to joke. "You got my name tattooed on your shoulder. That's really serious." You say nervously. "Calum this is permanent" You remind him. He turns back around to look at you. "I know." He says frowning. "I thought you'd like it" He mumbles. "I do. It's just. Calum what if we aren't permanent." You whisper. That's always been your biggest fear. Losing Calum would be losing yourself. Whatever you were, Calum was half. He's always been there and if for any reason he wasn't, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself. He holds your hand. "I plan on making us permanent. I'm not going anywhere and I'm not letting you go either. This isn't just a tattoo to make you happy. Hell it isn't even a tattoo. It's a reminder. Every time I see it I'm going to picture your face and our memories. And if we ever fight or take a break it's going to be my motivation to keep fighting. It's going to be there and burn my skin every time I think of doing something you wouldn't approve of because you keep me grounded. It's a symbol of how permanent my love is no matter what country I'm in or how far the miles are. It's my little piece of you that I'll have for the rest of life. Along with you. Everyone will know about the perfect girl waiting for me to return from a long tour. But most importantly it represents the name of the only person I'd ever want to remember. Your life means more than mine and I'll never want to forget. So when I'm old and can't remember anything I'll remember your name." He says. You kiss him deeply. "I love you so much Calum." You whisper. "Good because covering it up would've hurt like a bitch" He laughs.