Chapter 14

As they small group traveled as they were close to their destination as they all were taking a boat ride through the mist.

" this fogs so thick you can't see anything" Sakura whispered

" yeah it's really hard to see" Miyuki said as she played with her hair she left it loose.

" the bridge isn't far now. Our destination is up ahead the land of waves "

As the boat was moved a bit roughly by the waves as miyuki hit something hard yet soft.

" Ow" Miyuki said as she looked up to see Sasuke close to her. " are you okay?" She whispered

As Sasuke looked at her as he didn't say a word as she quickly moved out and sat back out. ' he could've said something. ' she though

' somehow that felt okay...being close to her...wait why am I thinking that?! I don't have time for this I need to get stronger to beat him!' Sasuke though as he decided to shrug that feeling off. Yet he occasionally glanced at Miyuki as she looked out at the water.

As the boat moved closer they saw a bridge under construction that looks like it was almost done.

"whoa! It's huge!" Naruto said loudly

as miyuki smacked the back of Naruto's head.

" Naruto! Be quiet! " Miyuki said

" I said no noise! Why do you thing were traveling like this? Moving through the fog and rowing so they don't see us"

" mr. Tazuna before we reach the pier I want to ask you something, the men that are after you I need to know why" kakashi said " I need to know who those men are after you if you don't then I'll have to end the mission when we drop you off"

" I have no choice but to tell you like you said this is beyond the scope of a C rank mission, the one that is after me his name is Gato " Tazuna said

" Gato? Of Gato transport?" Kakashi said

" Gato is a very powerful tycoon from a famous company. But below that he's a criminal he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja." Tazuna said " it was one year ago where he sets his sights on the land of waves, he came to our island and used his vast wealth to take control of our transport and shipping anyone that stood in his way disappeared. If he can control the sea he can control everything that we have. But the one thing he fears is the bridge when it is complete it will join us to the land that will break his control"

" Oh I get it he's afraid so he thinks getting rid of you will put him back in control " Miyuki said

" that means those guys we fought at the forest" Sasuke said "they were working for Gato"

As Naruto was still thinking as miyuki shook her head she still couldn't believe her friend was slow at this.

" I don't understand if you knew he was dangerous and knew he'd send ninja after you why did you hide it from us" kakashi said

" because the land of waves is a small poverish nation " Tazuna said "even our nobles have little money. We can't pay for a A or B rank mission it's too expensive if you end the mission and drop me off the pier those ninja will finish me off and they'll be no bridge"

As the small group looked at Tazuna as they were thinking.

" but don't worry about that! Of course my sweet little grandson will be upset ' grandad I want my grandad!' " Tazuna said

As sasuke, Naruto,Miyuki and Sakura had a look of distress of their faces.

" and my daughter will condemn the ninja of the village of the hidden leaves. Denouncing and blaming you for leaving her father and living her life in sorrow " Tazuna said