Chapter 66

Miyuki walked around the village still a little depressed at the recent events that had happened but even so she had to help in any way possible to rebuild the village.

'Now it just feels different...'Miyuki thought letting out a depressive sigh. Her mind still on Gaara just thinking about him got her even more depressed. 'Maybe if I hadn't showed him my Kekkei genkai then maybe things would've been different...I feel so bad...He probably hates me...'

"That isn't a nice look for you..."Daichi said wearing a simple white T shirt with a gray hoodie, his pants were dark blue and wore his ninja shoes.

"Oh...hey Daichi..."Miyuki said

"You wanna take a walk?"Daichi said

"Yeah..."Miyuki said

'Something is bothering her...'Daichi thought glancing at Miyuki.

"So how's your team?"Daichi asked breaking the silence.

"Naruto still needs to rest some more, Sakura is fine and Sasuke he's recovering too."Miyuki said

"That's good, soon you'll be back doing missions."Daichi said "I'm still trying to get used to being here. It's a pretty good village."

"Yeah it is..."Miyuki said

The two pre teens kept walking around the village, they noticed that bit by bit the village was being repaired. After a while Daichi offered to buy Miyuki some dango from the tea shop. The two took a seat in the booth and waited for their order.

"Since this is the start of me living in the village I gotta stay honest, so I thought the first thing was to tell you something. "Daichi said

"Tell me about what?"Miyuki asked looking at Daichi curiously.

"Well...if back then when I asked you if you were from the Yuki clan if your answer was no...then I still would've protected you." Daichi said "For two things..."

"Two? What are those two things?"Miyuki asked

"The first reason was... "Daichi said he took a deep breath. "I like you...simple as that."

Miyuki stayed quiet and felt her cheeks warm at hearing this confession.

"And two I really never wanted to be apart of that war but I didn't have much of a choice."Daichi admitted

"How did you even become a sound ninja?"Miyuki asked

"I guess it started when I was six years old, back then I had my parents and it was okay...at least until both my parents got killed. A small war broke out in the village that I lived in I ran out of there as fast as I could I didn't look back...even when I was miles away I still ran soon I ran out of food and barely had water to drink until I passed out in the sound village...when I woke up I knew that my parents weren't there and I didn't find anyone from your clan either I was alone...so it was either join as a ninja or die on the streets."Daichi said "But even with that I feel like everything I try to do isn't going so well most of the villagers here think I'm a bad guy..."

" Daichi..."Miyuki said "You're not a bad guy, you protected me and you'd said it just now if I wasn't a member of my clan you would've still protected me. "

Daichi looked at Miyuki giving her a soft smile.

"Now you can start over again, but it might take some time for people to trust you."Miyuki said

"I'm not worried I know it'll take some time for them to accept me."Daichi said "I'm staying right here I'm not going anywhere, I want them to accept me so I'll do whatever it takes. This is a second chance to start over, make new friends and I can make my own decisions."

"I'll help you out anyway I can, since we're friends now."Miyuki said

"Only just Friends?"Daichi said taking her hand in his.

"Um...Daichi you're sweet...but..."Miyuki said trying to find the right words. "I only see you as a friend...I'm flattered that you like me and all but I think it's just better for things to stay like this."

"Oh whoa is me...~My ice princess."Daichi said dramatically "I had a feeling it was like that...that someone caught your eye...but alas I was too late..."

'Oh Daichi...'Miyuki thought

"But as long as you still want to be friends with me and that I can fulfill my clans oath...I can accept that."Daichi said "Besides isn't that what brought both our clans together, having peace and friendship between them that's how my clan were inspired to make that Oath. Even if we might be the only members left of our clan that the friendship between them are still intact."

"I'm glad."Miyuki said giving him a soft smile. "Oh...and I think you should know about something Daichi..."

"What is it?"Daichi asked

"Well...I sorta don't remember much about my past but I know a bit...but not much about why I was running with my mom..."Miyuki said

"I see...but don't worry I'm sure the rest of your memories will come back."Daichi said reassuring her.

"Thanks Daichi."Miyuki said smiling softly at him.

"That's what I'd like to see my ice princess smiling!"Daichi said "You look so beautiful when you smile~"

"Can you please stop calling me your ice princess?"Miyuki asked slightly flustered.

"Oh~ but you look so cute when you're all flustered when I call you that."Daichi said "Just because we're friends now doesn't mean that I won't stop calling you my ice princess."

'Why me?'Miyuki thought her head hanging low.

"Don't be like that here."Daichi said handing her a plate of dango.

"Dango! Oh these are my favorite! The ones with red bean jam inside!"Miyuki said taking a stick of dango.

"I thought you'd like it."Daichi said

"To a new beginning! And a new friend!"Miyuki said taking her teacup.

"To new friends."Daichi said

'I wonder what's in store now?'Miyuki thought munching on some dango.