Chapter 85

This is one of the most awkward and uncomfortable  missions that Miyuki ever had in her life. She didn't know how to act in front of the sand ninjas especially Gaara, since she could barely look at him in the eye during dinner together.

"The food looks good."Daichi commented looking at the array of delectable foods.

"Yeah..."Miyuki mumbled

Gaara didn't say anything he just ate a bit of food occasionally glancing at Miyuki throughout dinner but he didn't have much of an appetite, he placed his chopsticks down and excused himself. He wanted some time to think of what to say to the purple haired female. But Miyuki thought differently she thought his behavior was that he didn't want to even look at her because of what happened years ago, she felt sad and let out a sigh losing her appetite she excused herself going back to the room.

Daichi noticed that Miyuki hardly ate and that was not good, he knew that Miyuki always finishes her food. She didn't even try to reach for her pocky! And that's her favorite treat so he knew something was up.

Miyuki was secretly glad that they got two rooms for the night one for the boys and the other for the girls. Plus there was a hot springs in it too it's not a mixed bath so it wasn't so bad.

Miyuki quickly went inside the room avoiding the boys mainly Gaara and set her things down. In the other room Gaara clenched his fist unsure what to do. Should he go talk to her? Or is she busy at the moment? Or would he talk to her in the morning? So many questions swirled in his head, he wasn't used to doing stuff like this.

"Hey, Gaara." A voice said snapping Gaara out of his thoughts.

He looked up to see the leaf ninja boy that is accompanying Miyuki instead of her team.

"Is there something up between you and my friend?"Daichi asked
Gaara nodded.

"Years ago Miyuki came to my village and we became friends."Gaara said thinking back to that time. "I was really happy when I played with her...she wasn't afraid maybe because no one told her what I was. "

Gaara felt the warm feeling in his chest again, every time he thinks or talk about Miyuki that feeling in his chest grew he liked it for some reason.

"One day we were playing and the ball got stuck in a high place I got it down using my sand. When I saw the look on her face she was amazed and happy after a while she showed me what she could do with some water, her mother saw what she did and got scared...it was the last time I saw her and I couldn't remember her because of her mother using a jutsu sealing away those memories...those memories that are precious to me."

Daichi nodded his head listening to Gaara's story.

"Gaara."Daichi said "I think I know the reason why her mother did that, it's a theory though."

Meanwhile with Miyuki

Miyuki set her things down and found a small brush and proceeded to brush Riku.

"Riku...I don't know what to do..."Miyuki said while brushing him.

"I want to talk to him but I still feel bad about what happened...I could barely look at him during dinner, he barely looked at me too...maybe he's mad at me.." Miyuki stopped brushing.

Riku turned his head looking at Miyuki.

"I'm lost...I really don't know what to say to him..."Miyuki said tears swelled up but she blinked a few times trying to calm herself down.

Riku didn't want Miyuki to be sad, the little raccoon rested on her lap.

"I want to talk to him...but I feel like he's mad at me.."Miyuki said with a heavy sigh.