Chapter 18

The next morning the bridge was still under construction as Sakura gave off a loud yawn as miyuki was munching on her pocky.

" you always this lazy?" Tazuna said as he carried a metal beam " where's that weird blonde kid and the one with the attitude. "

" they're training climbing trees" Sakura said

" too tough for you?" Tazuna said

" No in fact We're the best at it " Sakura boasted " that's why the Sensei sent us here to guard you"

" you're joking" Tazuna bluntly said making Sakura angry

" Tazuna I need to talk to you"

" Eh? What about?"Tazuna said

" you see I want out"

" Now you're just going to quit on me!" Tazuna yelled "you're kidding!"

"You know I stayed on because of our friendship and I'm putting my life on the line every day I stay here Gato and his thugs will show up eventually. When they do they'll kill you and the bridge won't be finished why don't we stop now why'll we still can"

As the two female genin looked at them with concern looks.

"No chance. This is our bridge " Tazuna said " our island is poor, and it will stay like this until this bridge connects us to the mainland it gives us hope. That's what we're building here"

" there's not gonna be much hope if we're dead"

" it's already noon let's break for lunch" Tazuna said bitterly as he walked away from the worker.

" Tazuna let's not end like this"

" Save your breath" Tazuna said "Oh and don't bother coming back after lunch"

' this is bad...' Miyuki though ' they're close to finish this...'

A few hours later miyuki, Sakura and Tazuna were in town as miyuki looked around town as it was in a poor state she noticed a lot of kids living on the streets.

" Um where are we going?" Sakura asked

" You wanna eat tonight don't ya?" Tazuna said " I've gotta pick up something's for dinner "

As they continue to walk miyuki couldn't help but feel bad at the state of this town has become.

' what's wrong with these people?' Sakura though

' this town...is in bad shape I feel sorry for these kids' miyuki though

As they went inside the store as there was very little things there.

' this is a store there's nothing here' Sakura though

' very few vegetables. Which means they'd have trouble with shipments...' Miyuki though

Unknown to the two females a man wearing a trench coat as he glanced at the two girls side bags as he reached both hands to them. As Sakura and miyuki felt something touching them.

" You pervert!" Sakura exclaimed as she side kicked him

" you perverted bastard!" Miyuki exclaimed as she cracked her knuckles

As miyuki apologized to the owner about breaking the window it happened because she threw the guy as fell breaking the store window As she gave some money to repay the other damages she caused as they left the store.

" Wow you two really surprised me back there Girls around here don't fight like that" Tazuna complemented the two female genin as both of them were clearly pissed off.