One - Media (October)

(Y/N) POV

"Adam! Little help with le door!" I shout to the curly-haired weirdo I call my best friend as I struggled with the box in my hands. To mess with him, I plaster my face against the window, mostly because he was vlogging behind the front desk that nobody uses with his phone and the camera was in my direction.

"Eh. Eh." He got the camera close to my face. "Look. It's (YT/N). NYEEHHH!"

"Dude. Open da door."

"Whyyyyyyyyyyy?" His drawl is mostly why he's so witty.

"Cause you asked me to move in and I said YAH."

"Oh, yeah." He turned his back to the window, pointing the camera in our direction. "Dis one is moving in. She gonna record here from now on."

"Adam. Simon. Dahlburg."

"Yes?"

"Open. The. Door."

He laughed and opened he door with the camera pointing up. "That better?"

"Very." As I was about to step through the doorway, he closed it. I glared at him. Then he opened the door and let me in for real.

He stopped recording and put his phone in his pocket. "Why'd it take you a month to move in?"

"I dunno. Guess it was because I have a lot of equipment." I shrug. "So where's my new station?"

"Follow me, ma'lady." He says in the most ridiculous British accent ever. I'd punch his arm if I hand a free hand.

He led me down two different hallways, then opened a door that had a piece of paper that said "Studio (Y/N)" in big letters. "This be your home base. To be honest, this used to be the infinite Box Room." There was some (F/C) and black soundproofing on the walls, a black desk and three computers with the equipment I had dropped off last week surprisingly set up already.

I set the box down on the desk. "You set up my mic and Bluetooth devices?"

"Yeah. Well, Jin and I did." He says, shoving his hands in the pockets of his vest.

The computers were running, and I clicked through the Bluetooth settings. "How did you know my Bluetooth password?"

"I'm telekinetic!" He waved his hands around in the air and made a face.

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. He just laughed. "Nah. You left a sticky note on one of the monitors that had the login info." He pointed to the sticky note on the desk.

"That's where it went!"

He just laughs again. Then his phone rings with a weird ringtone that played a siren then shouted "It's the wife!"

"Oh shoot. I gotta take this, go ahead and unpack if you want to." He gave me a small hug, and started to walk out. "Oh, and Tim wants to talk to you about your Minecraft world whenever you're ready."

I nod and he walks out, answer Alesa's call. I could understand why. This is first week Adam's coming into the office since Mason was born. I'm telling you, that kid is cute as heck!

I started to unpack. I put my owl plushie on the desk, and took out the folders that had the fan art that was mailed to me. I started taping the pictures to the empty spaces on the walls.

"What? You're not gonna come visit me? I though we were besties." Someone says from behind me.

I turn around to see Jin leaning against the archway. "I mean, if you don't wanna be friends anymore, you can just tell me."

I smile. "Why would I not want to be friends with you? You're so Kawaii!"

He smiled back. "You got that right."

I sat down the tape roll and gave him a big hug. We broke off after a second and continued taping the tons paper.

"How ya been?" He asks.

"Busy." I say. "I just did an Adventure Map with the FearRaiser a few days ago, I've got one planned with SSundee tomorrow, and then Jess wants me to join Minecraft Kindergarten with you guys, so I'll be recording with you, John, Ross, and Adam this week."

"Oh, that'll be awesome! Did you get the script yet?"

"No, Jess says she'll add me to the Docs share list tonight or tomorrow morning."

"Well, this one is going to be crazy, especially since she wants us to do a 'School Play.' I haven't read it yet, but she said something about Attack on Titan and Titanic."

"Oh, that'll be interesting. I haven't seen a lot of Attack on Titan episodes. Haven't started the next season yet."

"Tell you what, why don't you come over to my place tonight? I'll get you caught up."

"I'll be there. 7:30 okay?"

"7:30's fine. Be prepared though. There's a lot of episodes."

"My record of staying up late is 5AM. I should be okay."

"Whatever you say, but I'll have a ton of cocoa waiting for you since I know you don't like coffee."

"You're on." I finished putting the last picture up, and put all of the letters on the desk. I started to rummage through, and put the picture of Adam, Jin, Ross, Barney and I on the desk next to the monitor on the left. It was from the San Diego Comic-Con last year. That's where we all met.

"You know how to work the light?"

"What light?"

He points to the clear sign on the top of window that had 'RECORDING' in big letters.

"I didn't even notice it. No."

He steps in and closes the door. "There's two settings on the light. One turns it on, the other turns it on and locks the door. That one's only for emergencies." He flicked the switch and the light came on. He messed with the doorknob, which, evidently, was locked. "Only use it if absolutely necessary. If one person flicks the switch, all of the doors in the office lock. It's like a security measure." He flicked it off, and opened the door. Then he picked up the walkie-talkie on the desk. "These only get used in an emergency, too. If someone comes into the office looking to hurt us, we all have to go to the nearest office, close the door, and radio what office they're in. Once everyone is in the office and their doors are closed, Adam can hit the panic button in his office, and all doors double locked, and the police are contacted."

I nod. That's a lot to remember though.

"Make sure this is always on you." He handed it to me.

I inspected it. My name was written on a blank sticker in a Sharpie, with the number 9 on the bottom. I nodded and clipped it to my belt.

"There's a charging station at the front. The ports are numbered. Your walkie-talkie, when you leave, goes in the port."

He told me everything else I needed to know, stuff like emergency exits, tornado drills (for some weird ass reason), and then handed me a packet with contact numbers, then went to do a collab with Ross.

The last paper had the walkie-talkie numbers.

Sky Media Walkie-Talkie Contact Numbers:
1 - Adam
2 - Ross
3 - John
4 - Jin
5 - Timothy
6 - Cory
7 - Nicholas
8 - Maxwell
9 - (Y/N)

Panic Button/Occupied Office Indicator is located in Office 1 (Adam) and Office 2 (Ross). In an event of an emergency, the emergency equipment would be used for staff/guest protection.

Guess Adam takes safety seriously for some reason.