Fifty-Eight

Hey. Guess what day it is. 🎂🌟🎁🎼🎶🎵🎺📖📝♎

My phone vibrated, and I checked the message.

Ross A. - Coming through the parking lot

"Okay, guys, Ross and Ash are on their way through now. Everybody hide!" I announced, running to behind a plant. "Remember, not too loud. She has the hearing aid on today."

Everyone went to a hiding spot, Max running to a thing of ceiling streamers and whacking at them aimlessly.

"Max!" I whispered loudly.

He snapped out of it and stood completely still in the streamers.

Fork.

We all went complete silent when the doorknob shifted, and I saw the top of the door open.

"Ross, why are we at the event building?" I heard Ashley ask.

Ross clicked the lights on, and we all jumped up from where we were hiding and shouted surprise at a... Moderate tone.

Yup. You guessed it. Surprise Birthday party for Ash.

Her face was completely shocked (Duh).

(Okay I suck at writing scenes like this 😑)

So TIME SKIP

... Happy birthday to you~!"

Ashley blew out the candles and giggled to herself.

"What'd you wish for?" Max asks, getting the paper plates out.

"Can't say or it won't come true." She says with a smirk.

"Aw, come on! You can at least tell Ross." Adam says. He handed her a butter knife to cut the marble cake with.

"Mmm... Maybe later. I'm hungry!" She says with a twinkle in her eye as she cut out the first piece.

Ross laughed. "That's her sweet tooth kicking in."

She gave out cake pieces and gave Adam a large lactose-free cupcake, then we ate and laughed over cake and fruit punch.

We were cleaning up when Ross pulled Max along with him to the bathroom. (*Raises eyebrow* Mithross~? 😮😯)

I noticed that Ashley's skin turned slightly pale when she washed her hands and dried them with a towel.

But I didn't say anything because I thought I was seeing things because of poor lighting in the room.

Ashley didn't really want to open her gifts in front of us because she claimed that she didn't want to seem greedy or anything, and that's understandable. My mom's the same say.

Another time skip because I have to go to Fayetteville in a few minutes 😊

Max and I were sitting in bed, doing out own thing.

Well, I was. I was repainting my nails for the 5th time in three days because I'm that much of a perfectionist.

Max was half asleep with his head on my leg. My dork has stuffed puppy syndrome.

I told him the lay off the cake.

There was a light knock on the door. "It's Ross."

"Come in." I say. Max jerked slightly, I ran my fingers thought his hair with my dry hand.

Ross stepped in and closed the door as quietly as possible. His face looked pale.

"What's wrong, Ross?" I ask.

"Did Ash go pale today at all?" He asks almost immediately.

"Yeah, but way more than you are now. I thought it was just the lighting. Why?"

"Well, she just went seriously pale and started shaking when she fell asleep. Felt cold, too."

"That doesn't sound good, Ross. You should take her to the ER."

"At this time of night? She'd never agree."

"Ross, the longer you wait, the more sick she might get if she is sick."

He sighs. "Alright. I'll see what I can do." He nods and leaves.

Max jerks again under my hand. "No, I wanted a large... Mm..."

Oh my god he's such a dork.

I packed up my nail polish, carefully laid Max's head on the pillow, kissed his forehead and laid down next to him.

I dozed off just as I heard the apartment door open and slam shut.

Give up? Okay.

...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! XD 😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁😀😁 🎂✨🎉🎊🎁🎀🎼🎶🎵🎧🔊🎸🎹🎺🎺🎺📱♎💠

Okay now I'm getting carried away 😄