Fifty -

Wow this book has 58 parts.
Sad part is that the story limit is 200 parts.
...
PSH. I'm sure this won't be THAT long.

Fourth Day with a Sick Max

Gonna try something else, mostly for Max's throat.

I remember when I was acting as a Nurse's Assistant; we had a 15-year old come in with the stomach flu and she kept complaining of a hoarse throat after she would get sick. The nurse had put a green Jello cup in the microwave for about a minute and a half and gave to the girl warm. I guess it helped cause she would stop complaining after her... dinner-sick-session is what we called it.

So I'm gonna try it with him.

I was just starting the microwave when Max came walking out wrapped in the comforter and was headed for the living room.

"Max, what are you doing up?" I ask.

"Change of scenery." He says flatly. "I've been in that room for too long."

"Max, the only reason you've been in that room is because the bathroom's right there. This isn't a four bathroom apartment. They're all on-suites."

"Then I'll run if I have to. I can't stay that room anymore."

"It's called 'bed rest' for a reason."

"Don't care. My legs work fine. I was on track." (IDK if this is true. Just roll with it.)

I sigh. "Fine. But if you miss the garbage can, I'm not cleaning it up."

He rolls his eyes and lays down on the couch. I grab the garbage can out of our bathroom and put it next to the couch. Then I grab the Jello cup and a spoon and bring it to him. "This should help."

"Warm Jello?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yah. Gave it to patients in the hospital when they get sick. Trust me. It works." (Thank you @KayCalera for this information XD)

He shrugs and takes a bite out of it.

There was a knock on the door and I went to answer it. I found a man in a black police uniform and he had a Seattle Police Department badge. "Are you..." He looks at his clipboard. "Max Lapras?" (I KNOW Y'ALL HAVE TOLD ME A MILLION TIMES. IT'S TOO LATE NOW)

"I'm his fiance. Is there something wrong?"

"No, ma'am, it's just that, uh..." He clears his throat. "We found his car..."

"You did!? Oh, thank god!"

"What is it, (Y/N)?" Max asks from the couch.

"They found our car!"

"They did?!"

"Do we need to come pick it up from the station?"

"Uh, actually, no. Your car is currently in an ongoing investigation..."

"Investigation?" Max asks, now standing a little ways behind me. "Like, what? Kidnapping?"

"Oh, no no no no no. Not that major. Just, uh... Armed robbery."

"Well, we'll get our car back, right?"

"You will. When the investigation concludes."

"Which will be when, exactly?"

"We don't know for sure. We're still working on identifying suspects. I won't get into all the details; I was sent to inform you that your vehicle has been found and will be returned soon." He smiles. "Have a nice day." He walked off and I closed the door.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Chapter 48 got over 32 votes. (If you don't remember what that means, READ BACK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD)