Thirty-Eight

I wanna clarify this now, I AM NOT being racist here. I am never racist to anyone. If you have any problems with this chapter please keep the comment to yourself or in your personal diaries or journals or whatever because I don't wanna have to deal with the drama and know I love everyone no matter what their skin tone is.

February 12th

Max's POV

(Y/N) knows I'm at the mall.

She just doesn't know I'm in Kay Jewelers instead of the salon like I told her.

She really likes that Pandora bracelet I gave her.

Might as well get her another charm.

Problem is, I don't exactly know what charm I wanna get her. Because they just freaking restocked and there's millions of them to choose from.

"Hey, Max." Someone says.

I look up to see Tamara, one of the store attendants.

She helped me choose the engagement ring. And the Pandora charm I got (Y/N) for Christmas.

"What you looking for?"

"(Y/N)'s birthday's coming up." I say, looking at all the charms through the glass. "I wanna get her another charm."

"You could get her two. We're having a buy one get one sale right now."

"That makes choosing a little easier." One of the charms caught my eye. "Can I look at that one? The one with the two hearts."

She takes it out of the case and hands it to me. "Like that one?"

"Yeah, that'd be a good one for Valentine's Day."

"Now you can get one more."

"Tamara, are we taking care of this customer?"

We both look to see a guy with a really thick British accent walking up next to her. He had on a suit with a purple polka-dotted bowtie and circle glasses.

"Uh, yes sir, Mr Clemens, sir." Tamara says nervously. "Just helping Mr. Lapras here choose a charm for his fiance."

He makes a face. "Just making sure." Then he walks off, looking at me closely out of the corner of his eye, then going into an office.

Tamara sighs.

"What's his deal?" I ask.

"He's filling in for his wife. She owns the store and is a lot more nicer than he is." She looks around and leans in. "He's a racist bastard."

I make a face. "How do you know?"

She keeps her voice low. "I had my hair all in braids and pulled back in a ponytail, and he constantly made rude comments about it. I think he said 'Black women and their stupid hairstyles. Make me sick' at least 4 times yesterday."

"Damn."

"Just cause I'm black don't mean I'm not gonna treat the customers right."

"He'll be gone eventually."

"Can't wait for the day."

I choose another charm, thank Tamara, pay for the one charm and start to head out of the store when my phone vibrates

(Y/N) - You know you have a ton of gel in that one container, right?

Uh oh. She caught me.

- I do?

(Y/N) - Yeah you have like half a canister left. That's enough for 2 more weeks

- Wish I had known that before I bought the new one
- I'll go get refund

(Y/N) - You don't have to get a refund I'm just saying that you have a lot of gel still.

- Love you too. See you in a bit

(Y/N) - Love you
(Y/N) - 😕

I still go to the salon and buy another canister of gel.