Thirty-Two - New Years

(Y/N)'s POV

"(Y/N), how's it coming?" Max asks from behind the bathroom door. "Shakira's here."

"Just a sec, Max." I say with a smirk.

I wouldn't let him see the dress until tonight. I wanna surprise him. After all he did surprise me last week.

I might not be able to top engagement, but I did the best I could with the dress.

I make sure my ring is on, then I open the door and walk down the hallway.

Max had his back turned to me because he was bent down, showing my sister how to use a necklace clasp.

(A/N/H)'s gaze moved from his hands to me, and her eyes widen.

Max saw that she wasn't paying attention, and he turned to look. His eyes widen slightly, but he slowly stands up straight and smiles. "Wow."

I smile. "You like it?"

He walks up to me and puts his hands on my waist. "I think you look amazing."

He goes to fill the space between us, but I push him back with my finger and smirk. "Ah ah, you gotta wait until midnight."

He gives me a pout then laughs.

"Oh, it's only a few hours away." He says.

"Okay, you love birds." Serena says with her phone in her hand. "Smile for a picture."

Max moves behind me, wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my right shoulder. I put a hand on his arm.

We both smiled and she took a few pictures. She sent me one of them and I forwarded it to Max, who posted it on Twitter and Instagram.

MithzanMax:

Headed to the biggest party of the year with the greatest girl in the world! 😘 Lol Sorry we couldn't make it SkyDoesThings. 😶 (YT/N)

We both left with Shakira and she had literally rented a top floor party room in one of the biggest buildings in town.

That girl knows how to throw a party.

We ran into a couple of my friends from highschool, and basically chatted and had a good time.

At around 11:45 the DJ started to play a couple of slow songs.

I look at Max, who didn't have he slightest clue what u was asking mentally.

"What?" He asks.

"You wanna come dance with me?" I ask.

"Dance? Oh, no..."

"Come on! It'll be fun."

"I don't even know how to slow dance."