Forty-Three

"So, uh..." Adam scratches the back of his head. "Twitter happened, uh... Yeah..."

"Am I in trouble?" I ask from Max's lap.

"No, you're not in any trouble. I'm actually glad you called her off. But, uh...  We're gonna get a lot of feedback. So, uh... We're gonna have to cut down on fan interaction on social media. We'll still, you know, give them something to comment about on YouTube, but other stuff like Twitter and Instagram we'll have to limit how much interaction we have." He looks at Ross. "Uh, Ashley will have to, too, since she was technically tagged."

Ross nods and fixes her blanket. She was passed out under his arm on the couch; Ross didn't want her to stay at the apartment by herself, so he woke her up, dragged her along with us, and here we are now.

My phone started to vibrate. I look. "Adam, it's my mom."

His face turned a little red. "Put it on speaker."

I nod and tap the green button. "So you finally get the message?"

"You've got a lot of nerve to talk to your own mother like that."

"And you have a lot of nerve to post hate messages on my best friend's Twitter. You need to deal with the fact that your daughter is an adult without acting like a bratty middle schooler."

"That YouTube crap is a waste of time."

"How old am I?"

"22."

"Do I live under your roof?"

"No, you don't."

"When I was 15, I remember you said that I could do whatever I want with my life when I moved out and went to college. So why the hell are you getting at me for providing for myself and my family by doing something I love?"

"I..."

"What? You don't have a comeback for that?"

"Her point is," Adam says. "That you have no control over her. She happy where she is right now."

"Who was that?"

"That was my boss." I say.

There was silence on the other end of the line, then she hung up.

"Okay then." I shove my phone in my pocket and Max grabs both of my hands and squeezes them three times.

"Uh, yeah. But like I said, cut down on social media. If a fan sends a fan-art, you can look at it, like it, retweet it, but replying to comments and fan questions has to go to a minimum. So if you have to turn off all of the notifications, turn them off. Let them have their 'fun' with the whole issue, then when it starts to die down, we can slowly start to reply more. Sound good?"

We all agreed to the terms and Adam dismissed to go home and told us to come in a little later.

We went home and immediately went to bed.

It's gonna be weird not interacting with the fans as much.

Whaaaaa? An early update? How did this happen? 😱

Lol XD