Seventy-Two

Time reception is supposed to start: 3:30
Current Time: 3:15

Ashley was literally shaking as she spoke to one of the numerous deputies back here taking interviews and questioning the drivers.

They think it's those teens again. And it probably is.

They better hope Max doesn't ring their necks.

I got up and walked over to the two, Ashley's phone was shaking in her hands as she scrolled through to find a picture of Ross to show him.

I grabbed her wrist and she looked at me. "Just breathe. It's gonna be okay."

She nodded and held her phone up to show a picture.

The Deputy nodded and gave her the number to send the picture to

The Deputy nodded and gave her the number to send the picture to. Then he turned to me. "You're the bride, aren't you?"

I nodded, getting my phone out of the backpack we had for everyone's stuff. "I think those kids are in more danger than Max is."

"What makes you say that?"

"Max has a temper."

The Deputy chuckled and looked at the photo I showed him.

He nodded. "We think we have an ID on these two kids, and we just put a BoLo out for the car. We'll find them."

I nodded to him and sent the picture to the number.

He nodded back and walked over to the Sheriff.

Then my smirk faded. "Oh god."

"What?"

"What are we gonna do when Max's mom finds out?"

"Maxie!"

Ashley sighed. "Too late."

Felicity came running into the room and right up to me in a panic. "Where is he? Where's my baby?"

"I-I don't know. The police are working on it."

"Well they need to worn faster. The guests are getting kind of impatient."

"They're hungry."

"Yes. I gave the kids rolls. It wasn't easy to sneak them out of the kitchen."

"Well, thank you for doing that."

She nods and sits down on one of the benches, fiddling with her fingers.

There was a knock on the back door and Ashley was about to answer it when the Sheriff told her to stay back and he answered it. "Hey, take the search off for Anderson." He stepped outside quickly and we all rushed over to look, Ashley being up front to look.

"Ross!" She shrieked and I watched her run outside.

Now my interest was really peaked.

I stood on my toes to see Ashley pulling duck tape off of Ross's mouth. I sighed in relief; I know one of them is okay.

Ross pointed down the back driveway once his hands were free, almost in a frenzied panic. "The-The... The kid went that way. He had a neon green bag."

The Sheriff nodded and him and 4 other deputies as went running in that direction.

One of the officers rushed over with a first aid kit and we named up so Ross could come inside; he was literally shaking from the cold and looked really pale.

Felicity took his jacket so she could stitch the cut in it and I think everyone kept asking if he was okay, despite the fact that the officer was wrapping a bandage around his arm to cover the cut that he called a flesh wound.

He's fine.

I let the officer finish what he was doing before going up to him.

I sat down next to him just Ashley ran to get him some water. "Hey. You okay?"

Ross glanced at me. "Huh? Oh. Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little... Shaken up."

"That's alright, as long as you're breathing."

He gave me a small smile. "Thanks."

Ashley came back with a bottle of water and gave it to him. Just as they were walking the kid through the door towards the bathroom, another officer digging through his bag.

Good. The bastard's gonna get what he deserves.

Ross sighed when he saw him, resting his head on Ashley's shoulder and almost laying down. I watched her wrap her arms around him, running her fingers through his somewhat curly hair as he closed his eyes.

I smirked at the sight of the two before getting up, going up to the sheriff. "That the kid?" I ask softly.

He nodded. "We're gonna ask him some questions once he's done in there."

I nod. "How old is he?"

"17."

"Damn."

"Yeah. We got a lot of misguided kids around here."

Well, the Reception is supposed to start in 5 minutes.

What am I supposed to tell the guests?