Thirty-One -

Max's POV

He's not gonna get me.

I turn a corner to see a dark figure at least 6 ft - something tall.

NOPE. WRONG TURN. I run the other way, only to reach a dead end.

When I turn around, the hallway was gone and everything was pitch black.

It was like I was in a box.

This has to be a fucking prank.

"Joke's up, Ross!" I shout.

I didn't get a response.

"Adam! This isn't funny anymore!"

Nothing.

"(Y/N)!"

Smoke started to cover the floor. I couldn't see my own two feet.

I felt two fingers rubbing against my neck. I froze and every hair on my both of arms stood straight up under my turtleneck.

He got me.

"I'm right here..." His voice was really raspy and terrifying.

It was hard to catch my breath. Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes.

Right out of nowhere, he flung me around to face him. All I saw were two sharp claws before they lunged at my face. They dug into the right side of my face; for some reason I had lost the ability to scream.

He stopped when he reached my cheek and pushed me backwards.

I blacked out for a second. When I opened my eyes, he was hovering over me with his hands at my neck. I couldn't see his face because the light above us was blinding white.

When he lifted them, he held up my chain, which had some blood scattered across the back of the pendant.

I blink. He was gone.

My eyes got heavy.

"Max!"

The voice was almost familiar.

I only got a glimpse of her before it went dark. She had the same eyes as (Y/N)...

(😱)

I shot up, breathing hard.

I'm in (Y/N)'s room. It was really dark; there was some light poking out from the blinds and the door was closed.

"Max?"

I turn my head to look. (Y/N).

She still here.

"Max? What's wrong, baby?" She turns on the soft lamp and looks me over. "Max, you're pale. Are you okay?" She runs her thumb against the right side of my face. There was no sting.

There wasn't even a scratch.

"Max?" She waves her hand in front of my face. "Earth to my fiance? Hello?"

I wrap my arms around her and hold her close.

It never happened. It was just a dream.

I look at the end table. My necklace was next to her ring. Clean.

"Did you..." Breathe, Max. Breathe.

"Did I what?" She asks softly.

"Did you take my necklace off?"

"Yeah; why?"

"Just..." I swallow hard. "Wondering."

She broke off, gave me a kiss, then crawled out from under the covers and walked out of the room quietly.

I lean back against the headboard and sigh. (Y/N) came back with a glass of water and closed the door.

"Here," she hands me the glass and sits on the bed.

I take three gulps out of the glass and set it on the end table. "Thanks."

By now she had laid back down on the pillow and was looking up at me with worried (e/c) eyes. (I literally almost put my own eye color. 😮)

We just sat there staring at each other for a full minute. Then she held her arms up, and I lay my head on her shoulder. She wraps her arms around me and holds me tight, then reaches over and turns the lamp off.

I feel her fingers run against my hairline; I feel a small chill go up my spine, but I don't say anything.

"Max?" Her voice is soft and comforting.

"Yeah?"

"Did you have a nightmare?"

I hesitate. "Yeah..."

Her grip tightens. "... I love you."

NO I DON'T NEED MENTAL HELP. I WAS LISTENING TO THE LINKIN PARK ALBUM CALLED HYBRID THEORY AND THE SONG PAPER CUT WAS ON REPEAT OKAY?! 😶

ANNYYYYWAYYY...

I'm slowly running out of ideas. I know what I want the big problem to be but I need ideas for after New Years cause the big problem happens in July. SEND ME ANY IDEA I WILL TAKE THEM ALL INTO CONSIDERATION. 😧

This Cherry Blossom tho 👉theoriginalmonkey👈💙