Twenty-Two

December 19th

We took (A/N/H) to the airport this morning and she made it home around 12:30.

She liked Max a lot. I could tell. The two basically were twins when they both started playing Super Smash Bros. Ross was kinda the one that gave her piggy back rides like an older brother would.

Ross and I were scrolling through video games on Amazon. We both decided to pitch in on Max's gift this year.

Problem was, we didn't know what to get him. But we really want to surprise him.

"What about that one?" Ross points to a game on the screen.

"No, his parents are getting him Kingdom Hearts." I say, slowly scrolling down.

"Okay, how about that one?"

"'Happy Tree Friends: Adventures in the Forest?'" I raise an eyebrow.

"The one below it."

Rock Band 4: Band in a Box.

"He's brought it up a few times. Says it looks interesting."

"You wanna split $200?"

"Sure. I owe you $100."

"Yes you do." He walks out of the room.

I order it for the XBox One on 2 day shipping and set to have it mailed via UPS. I'll just hide it in the office until Christmas.

As soon as I exited out of Amazon and onto Minecraft to keep working on a world for a new Minecraft series, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

Max. My adorable dork.

"Hi." I say.

He just buries his face in my neck. "Mm."

"What's wrong?"

"Tired."

"You literally were talking in your sleep last night, man. How are you tired?"

"Mm-m."

"Are you a Sad Max cause you're tired?"

"Mm-hm."

Wow he really is tired.

"Did you drink any coffee?"

"5 cups, 3 bathroom breaks."

"Why don't you just go take a nap on the couch?"

"If I do that, I won't sleep tonight."

"The only thing I can suggest is a nap or coffee, baby. I don't have any 5-Hour Energy."

"I don't need any..." His weight slowly started to add up on my shoulders and the chair started to tip back.

Oh fuck no. "Maxwell!"

"Huh?" He shot up and glanced around.

"Yeah, come here." I close Minecraft, lock my station, and drag him out to the couch. I sat down and made him lay down with his head on my lap.

He just kept talking. He was desperately trying to stay awake. "I gotta get some *yawns* Christmas shopping done tomorrow."

"Tomorrow's the 20th."

"I know that."

He rolls on his side. I run my fingers along his now a little shaggy-hairline. He's such a dork. Which is mostly why I love him. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to call him mine.

He relaxed again, and next thing I knew I could hear his light snoring.

I grabbed the blue and white blanket hanging off the back of the couch and pull it over him.

I sat there with him on top of me for about fifteen minutes when Adam came walking in vlogging and talking really loud.

"Adam! SH!" I scold in a whisper. "He just fell asleep."

He shut up immediately, but then he got really closed and inched the camera close to Max's face. I grab the top of the phone and push it back before it touched Max's nose. "Don't. Wake. Him. Up."

He nodded and rushed off. Probably to find Jin.

I left him there after an hour when my right leg fell asleep. Took a picture. Posted it to Twitter. The usual.

I got a confirmation about 5 minutes later that my order was being shipped out.

Well that was fast.

*Skip Cause I can't think of anything else to add*

5:42

I came into the apartment with the stack of mail. There was a couple of bills, and a large envelope. I opened that one first.

Max and (Y/N),

I finally got the pictures developed! I went with the second option for you two, and I got one for each of you at the office. I'm gonna mail your presents out when I have all of them gathered up. I don't want anyone to feel excluded.

Lots of hugs! ~ Felicity

I took the Target Photo envelope out. There were at least twenty photos in there, one of me and Max in the Christmas Lights... Event, and then a group photo...

I actually like the group photo of the guys more

I took three of each out, stuck one of each on the fridge, shoved one of each under Ross' closed bedroom door, and left the last two in my bag with the envelope.

I'm definitely framing the group photo.

Wow My phone SUCKS at taking pictures.

I honestly am too lazy to go back into the "Ross" video and take the picture again. That and screenshot failed me miserably.

Meh. Oh well. I really do love that picture though. Idk why but I just do.

Ditto to whoever took it. 😁

This Cherry Blossom tho 👉theoriginalmonkey👈💙👊