Sixty-One

"Now if it's too flashy, just tell me and I'll get a refund." Ash says as she pulled into the parking lot at David's Bridal.

"Oh, no. I won't make you do that." I say, putting my phone away. "My dress is completely simple, so it wouldn't bother me. One of the bridesmaids has hers covered in beads and pearls."

"I'm just saying, I'm willing to return it and find a different one." She got out of vehicle and we walked inside. We asked to pick up our dresses and the woman went in back to look for them.

I played with my phone while we waited. I heard Ashley giggle slightly. I looked and I saw she had a book open on an app. "What are you reading?"

She looked up. "Huh? Oh! The fans like to send me random fanfictions of us and they're a kick to read. One suggested a Max X Reader." (😮)

"What's it called?"

"Uh..." She scrolled through the story bio. "Winter Wonderland." (😂)

"Huh. I'd have to read it sometime. The fans write this stuff?"

"Yeah. It's really funny. Only there's a little irony in this."

"How do?"

"There's a character in this one named Ashley who's dating Ross."

I laugh. "That's actually kind of funny."

She shrugs. "I like irony."

We sat for a little longer then they hauled out both of our dresses.

I tried on mine to make sure it fit and then Ashley went into the changing room to try her dress on. (Haha you still can't see it! 😂😂😂)

"Okay, you ready?" She asked from the room.

"Yup. Lemme see!"

She opened the door and stepped out. And oh my gosh she looked so pretty in that dress.

 And oh my gosh she looked so pretty in that dress

(FYI that woman is NOT me. And you just saw my sweet 16 dress 😂😂😂)

"So? What do you think?"

"You look amazing!"

"You think so? It's not too flashy, is it?"

"Oh, no! It looks perfect on you!"

She smiled wide. "I'm so glad you like it! I was worried for a second. They didn't have anything else I liked in the store the last time I was here."

I put my hands on her shoulders. "You are not returning this dress."

We both laughed and hugged for a second.

Then she changed, we checked out our dresses and went to lunch. We agreed to keep my gown at her apartment so Max didn't go snooping around trying to get a sneak peak.

She dropped me off at my apartment and when I walked in Max and Ross were... Slow dancing?

I quietly got it on video and sent it to Alesa. I stood there for a full minute before speaking. "The hell are you two doing?"

The both jumped. Ross went flying backwards and Max walked into the pantry door. "We were just... Uh..."

"Giving the fans another reason to ship?" I finish.

"I don't know how to slow dance." Ross says loudly from the floor.

"Riiight." I roll my eyes with a smirk and walked into my room. "Careful with the shippings!"

I BROKE THE FOURTH WALL, CREATED MORE CAUSE TO SHIP AND Y'ALL ARE INSANE. XD