Sixty-Seven

"I'm telling you it's a DRD." I say softly so Ashley didn't hear, who was pacing back and forth with her earbuds in and the music at full blast. Heck I could make out the words.

"We were with Ross all night. How could it be a DRD?" Max says. "One of us would've seen someone do it."

"Well, obviously you weren't paying attention because we're outside of the ER."

Seconds later the entire bridal party came into the room, all of them dressed in their pajama pants and shirts and whatnot with Max's mom trailing behind.

"How is he?" Adam asks.

"We don't know." Max says with a sigh. "We've been out here for almost 45 minutes."

"We would've been here sooner, but we got traffic." Red says.

"What matters is that you're here now." I say.

They all agreed with me, then sat down, Ashley still pacing.

"How long she been doing that?" Alesa asks, leaning close to my ear.

"Since we got here." I say. "She went as far as they would let her with Ross and she's been like that since."

It was probably another hour and we still hadn't heard anything.

I might have to postpone the wedding for a few days. I know Max wouldn't want to celebrate without his best friend. And I wouldn't make him do that.

Ashley was still up going back and forth, now leaving black scuff marks on the floor from her gold heels.

"Ashley, sit down." Adam says. "You're making me nervous."

She shook her head, rubbing her arms with her hands. She pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and the blonde locks flopped down to her shoulders. "I'm not going anywhere or doing anything else until I know that Ross is okay."

"I'm sure he's fine." Jarious says, fixing his frames. "You just gotta relax, girl."

She shook her head again, rubbing her eye.

Red went into the the duffel bag she had packed and dug around for a second before pulling out Ross's black jacket; he got up and draped it over her shoulders.

She nodded to him and put it on correctly.

Seconds later a nurse in real scrubs came out with a clipboard in her hand. "Miss... Pax?"

Ashley perked up and rushed over to her. "Yes?"

"Does Ross have any allergies we weren't aware about?"

"No, not that I'm aware of. Why?"

"Well, we're having a hard time getting him to wake up."

"What?"

"Oookay." Max got up and pulled her back as she started crying again. The rest of the group went over to comfort her and I went up to the nurse. "What made him... You know?"

She looked over at the group then back to me. "There was a small amount of gamma hydroxybutyric in his system, probably from when he went out with the groomsmenparty. It's not a life threatening amount but it was enough for him to have more common symptoms." (Gamma high-drox-ee-byoo-tur-ick)

I sigh and nod. "GHB. I thought it was a DRD. He's gonna be okay, right?"

"Yes, the doctor says he'll be fine. We just need to-"

"He's awake."

We all turn out heads to see the doctor poking his head out of the double doors.

"But uh... He can only see family. It's not visiting hours, so..."

Ashley nodded, grabbed the duffel bag and we watched her go through the double doors.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ooooh I love scaring y'all. The comments are hilarious 😂😘

Oh, and kk600252

Yes, it is. Consider getting help

Lol Jk 😂😂😂😂😂😘