Fifty-Nine (November)

Friday

"Max, are all the tuxes accounted for?" I ask, going over the checklist.

"Yes." He says, scrolling through group chat after group chat after group chat.

"Bridesmaid dresses were accounted for..." I checked off the two items. "Did the caterer get back to you?"

"2,000 pounds of pulled pork; 5,000 hamburger buns, no seeds; 1,000 jars of pickles; 700 bowls of salad; Ranch and Italian dressing, 1,000 bottles each; every other side at 750 pounds or more."

"Total?"

"$1,384.97."

I checked it off and wrote down the price. "We might need a loan for bills after this."

"Or seven."

I chuckle. "That'd be a little much. We'd need a loan just pay off one of those loans."

I ran down the list. "Uh, Max?"

"Yeah?"

"Did DJ get back to you?"

His face turned red. "I... I thought he called you."

I put a hand on my hip. "Max,"

He sighs. "Okay, no. The DJ never called back."

"Max, the wedding is in four weeks, and you're now telling me this?"

He shrugged nervously. "I figured that they were busy and couldn't get back right away."

"They have to get back right away, Max. That's how they get clients, that's their job."

He sighed. "I know, (Y/N), and I'm sorry. I'll call them right now." He picked up his phone and dialed the number.

He was 20 minutes into the call when my phone went off. It was Adam.

"Hey, Adam!" I say when I answer. "What's up?"

"Hey, (Y/N), uh..." He cleared his throat slightly. "You think you and Max can take Mason this weekend?"

"You mean babysit? Sure! We'd love to. What's going on?"

"Uh... Something... last minute. It's an adult thing Alesa and I wanna do."

I raise an eyebrow. There's more than he's letting on. "Oh. Okay. What time am I getting the monkey?"

"6:30 tonight?"

"Mm-hm. Sounds good. See you then!"

Monday

*8:30 AM*

"So, what time are you getting here?" I ask Adam over the phone as I fed Mason his bottle.

"Just bring him to the office."

"You sure? I mean we can drop him off at your place on the way there."

"Uh... Alesa's at her mom's this week, so nobody's gonna be home." He said almost immediately.

"Adam, is there something going on with you and Alesa?"

"No. What makes you think that?"

"No reason. So bring him to the office?"

"Yup."

"Okay then. I guess we'll see you then."

He hung up.

I looked at my watch over the 20-pound baby in my arms. "Max! Let's go! We gotta get to the office!"

How am I somehow able to get a 10-month baby and myself ready to go in like 45 minutes and my fiance takes over an hour?

I didn't get a response from him. "Max!"

"(Y/N)!" He shouted when he opened the door.

I glared at him slightly. "Boy, don't start with me when I'm on my period."

He raised both his hands and backed up towards the closet. "Tampons or pads?"

"Tampons! Seriously, we gotta move! Adam said to bring Mason to the office."

"And we'll get him there. Relax."

I shook my head at him. "I'll go load up the car."

Semi update? Kinda sorta? I dunno.

Situation really hasn't gotten any better. I have learned that I have a bullshit best friend. They've been at this for 3 weeks now? Let's say it's constant shaking, hyperventilation, and throwing up here and there. My current physical therapist calls it anxiety attacks and a lack of stimulation to my hands.

Ma I'm using my $30 to buy a new Optimus Prime figure.

DOCTORS ORDERS