Seventy-Five

Alright. So I want to try something, so this chapter is going to be in 2nd POV, just as a test.

"Alright, alright, alright. Thank you guys so much for being patient. The Party made it through traffic, and we're ready to go."

You could hear the DJ from upstairs in the hallway.  You had told him to say that there was a traffic jam. Which there actually was in the amount of time Max and Ross were gone, so it's not technically lying.

Everyone agreed to keep what happened between the group involved. The Sheriff came up with a viable cover story about how the teens were caught, so it's all good.

You two just didn't want any family to get panicked it scared, or try to take it upon themselves to avenge anyone. You had a couple uncle's that are like that; they don't the exactly get along, but you've seen them gang up on your middle school principal when they started purposely dropping your grades for Title One funding. Not risking something like that again. (No joke that's what happens. I was one of the top students with As and Bs and my state test scores were dropped severely because the school gets funding from low student scores since it was Title 1. My uncle Shawn was PISSED.)

"You ready to see the gang?"

There was slight applause and some shouts.

Then he started to call the bridal party out in pairs.

"The maid of honor and best man, Ashley and Ross!"

You watched them go out hand in hand.

"And now for our two very special lovers tonight, say hello to Mr. Max LaPras (Since y'all complained at the beginning about Maxwell) and Mrs. (Y/N) LaPras!"

He smiled at you and you both started for the staircase, gaining cheers and applause as we started down.

And then you lost one of your heels on the way down.

Go figure.

Max stopped to grab it and put it back on your foot, then you both went the rest of the way down the stairs.

Then we finally ate. Everyone seemed to be in a better mood after that.

That was when the real party started. You figured you'd wait for the cake a little later.

The playlist was over the top. The DJ really knew what he was doing, and he was partying down with everyone as he worked the computer.

It was about 7:45 when you saw that Max and Ross were pretty deep in a discussion. (4pm to 10pm. PARTY HARD!)

Max POV

"What's got you nervous?" I ask, looking at him.

Ross rubs his forehead. "I don't know. It's just..." He sighs. I saw his gaze go to her. "It's her. She's everything I'd ever want in someone."

"That doesn't really tell me what's holding you back."

"It's just..." His voice lowered. "If I tell you this, you've got to promise me you won't tell anyone else. Ashley doesn't want anyone other than those involved and God knowing."

I nodded and we shook on it like we usually do.

"A couple weeks ago, you know, when her grandparents were visiting, Ashley's dad decided to pay a visit."

"What's wrong with that?"

"It was an unexpected visit. He never called."

"Okay... I'm sorry I'm still confused."