Chapter 51 - Make It Quick

*Emma's pov*

I woke up to the sound of a low moan from beside me. I opened my eyes slightly, just at a squint so I could work out what was going on. I was in Jess' living room and I could she Clair and Danny. Oh.... Danny was on top of Clair. Luckily they were fully dressed. Just about, I think Danny has other ideas though as he started playing with the hen of Clair's shirt. "Danny we shouldn't." I heard Clair breathlessly tell Danny.

"You're saying you don't want to do this?" I resisted the urge to just close my eyes. I needed to see what was going on properly. Danny bent down and attacked Clair's neck causing Clair to moan loudly. "It doesn't sound like you want to stop." Danny's voice was getting very husky.

"I don't but this is my best friends house." Clair was still breathless.

"If we go to bed we can just wash the sheets." Danny suggested, I was starting to feel quite nauseous.

"What if Emma wakes up and walks in on us?" We'd scar her for life." Thanks Clair. Thanks for acknowledging my presence.

"You've just gotta take risks in life."

"What if-" Clair was cut off by a moan and I had lost sight of Danny's hand which was somewhere down the lower part of Clair's body. Clair moaned loudly again.

"Woah! Right okay. I really don't want to be watching this, even though it's nothing I've seen before. But I would like for all of us to be friends or, even more than friends if you wish to be so. But please restrain yourself whilst I could be watching." I broke them apart. Both of their chests rising and falling quickly as they tried to catch their breaths. There was silence for a while as I sat watching them, unsure of what they'd do next. Danny's brows were knitted at his forehead. He was clearly thinking about something.

"So... You said "whilst I could be watching."" Danny used his fingers as quotation marks. If I hadn't stopped them this fingers wouldn't be a clean as they are now. I just looked at him and waited for him to continue. Clair had become more interested too. "Well, if we went upstairs and put a note on the door.... You wouldn't be watching." Clair smirked at the idea where I just sighed. Looks like I'm having the tv up quite loud.

"Go and enjoy yourselves. Just let me go and get some work." I pulled myself up from the chair. It turns out a day of pretty much just sitting around and doing nothing isn't good for a dislocated ankle. I winced as I put weight on it.

"You okay Ems?" Clair asked form behind me.

"Yeah, just my ankle playing up." I paused and turned around to them. "No funny business when I'm gone." I warned and gave them both the pointy finger to which they both nodded.

I finally reached upstairs and stopped at the top to catch my breath. My ankle is killing me. Luckily the bedroom wasn't too far away so I hopped the rest of the way. I plonked myself on the bed and rummaged around in my suitcase looking for the very little work we had to do over the holidays. I pulled out my English book as Clair sat next to me on the bed. "Thanks for letting us do this Ems. It means a lot."

"It's okay. Just promise me one thing." I looked into her eyes.

"What?" She asked.

"Don't hurt him. He's been hurt enough as it is. I don't know you but I know you're Jess' best friend so you wouldn't be like that but... I don't know. I've become quite attached to Danny and I don't want to see him hurt." I explained.

"What do you mean 'quite attached'?" Clair asked looking at me confused, air quoting me.

"Danny is the first guy I've trusted properly in a long time. We had a few moments this morning and I just really connected with him.... I don't know, it's all a bit strange to be honest. You can tell that Danny isn't the type of bloke who would set out to go and hurt someone. He's just a big softy." I explained.