Chapter 58 - 30th July 2013 - We'll Always Be More Than Just Friends

*Emma's pov*

Travelling in a car for hours always makes me feel tired. Going shopping in Cardiff, let alone Oxford street and Camdem Market, makes me tired. Put both of them together and I'm like a dead person. Jess bought me basically a whole new wardrobe, which I protested to all day about but Jess insisted that she had to. She bought me stuff that I probably would never pick out for myself, like shorts for example, but she promised I looked good in them so I let her buy them. I finally managed to persuade her to stop when she started looking at dresses. I'm not getting into one of them too soon. Give it a million years.

"The door's locked." I stated after trying to open it for the millionth time.

"Well no shit Sherlock." Jess replied like she was smart.

"Urgh. Don't blame me. I'm tired." I defended.

"Well don't look at me, I haven't got a key."

"Why not?"

"It's your house and you haven't given me one." Jess gave me a small shove. "Em, I know it's nine o'clock but you need to wake up. Did you bring a key with you?" I stood and stared at Jess for a while as I tried to think back to over a week ago. It didn't really work.

"I don't know but follow me." I walked almost like a zombie would around the side of my house and picked up a board of decking and grabbed the key from underneath. I walked the key over to the light to examine it. "It's a front door key." I said monotonously, the tiredness taking over me as I walked around to square one. I slotted the object into the hole designed specifically for it and twisted so I could penetrate the warmth.

"And that really took us ten minutes?" Jess moaned.

"I'm tired. Okay?" I asked as I placed my hand on the door handle, listening for the familiar sound of padded feat climbing onto the chair. I couldn't help but smile.

I entered the room and immediately found Bella, my cat, almost jumping up and down at the sight of me. I knelt down on to the floor and opened my arms for him to run into so I could pick her up. I cuddled him tight to my chest. I'd missed him so much. I turned around to find Jess literally cowering behind my back. "It's only Bella. He's not going to hurt you."

"I don't know... She's a cat..." Jess stated.

"Now who's being Sherlock?" I asked before continuing, "anyway, it's he's a cat not she's a cat." Jess had sat herself on the floor and I sat opposite her with Bella still in my arms.

"But her or his name is Bella?" Jess asked.

"Yeah... The owner my dad bought him off said that he was a girl and so I called him Bella. We went to the vets and he said that she was a he." I explained.

"Oh... So Bella is a boy?"

"Yup and he's not going to hurt you. Take him."

"I don't know.... I'm not a cat person."

"I know. You said you like turtles but you bought a dog."

"Okay then....." Jess sighed and closed her eyes.

"I'm going to out him on your lap. Feel free to stroke him or whatever." I spoke getting up to go and look for Rachel and Lucy.

"Where are you going? Don't leave me alone with him." Jess worried.

"He's not going to scratch your eyeballs out Jess. Anyway you've got Jackson." As if in cue, Jackson came plodding into the room and sat protectively next to Jess after sniffing Bella. "I'm just going to find Lucy and Rach."

"But-"

"Just shout if he decides to kill you. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest." I poked my tongue out and skipped through the door, closing it behind me.