Chapter 78 - 11th November 2013 - Cardiff

*Emma's pov*

Tonight is the date Alive comes to Cardiff. I''m so excited for two reasons. The first being that it's the first time I'm going to see Jessie live. The second is quite selfish, but it's the last date, so it's going to be special. And, after tonight, I'll be able to spend more time with her. I can't wait.

"Oh. My God. I told you we should have come earlier. The queue is fucking massive." Jade sighed. Okay, so the other day I told her Jess was unable to upgrade the tickets to VIH. It wasn't a complete lie. Jess did upgrade them, but they were upgraded to better than VIH. We got backstage passes. That means we get to stand in front of the barriers AND meet Jessie on our own AND meet her band and everyone else, that I've obviously met before, but Jade hasn't.
"Chill ya beef babe. You'll see." I took Jade's hand and dragged her past the end of the queue and to the back of the arena.
"Where are we going? The queue ended there?" She looked behind her.
"You know I said Jessie couldn't upgrade the tickets to VIH?" She nodded. "It wasn't a lie."
"But?" She asked.
"She made them a lot better."
"How can you make them better?" She asked in disbelief.
"Backstage passes." I whipped the passes out of my bag and passed her one.
"You have got to be joking!" Jade exclaimed.
"Hey Mark." I showed security Mark the passes, introduced us to manager Mark and he let us through.

"Jess is just through there." Manager Mark smiled. "Emma, can I have a word please?" He asked.
"Yeah. Jade go ahead. I'll meet you in there." I smiled and followed Mark a little way down the corridor. "What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.
"Jess... Well she hasn't been brilliant today." Mark spoke.
"What do you mean?" Panic struck over me.
"Well she's been really quiet and kept herself to herself. I have a feeling she's planned something for tonight, but I don't know what. I just think she might need some support tonight." We both sighed.
"Alright. Thanks for telling me. I smiled and Mark went on his way.

I stood outside the door for a little while to just to hear them chatting. "So yeah... I just wanted to thank you really." Jade finished a little speech.
"Jade, to be honest, I should be thanking you. I know I've put my Heartbeats through a lot of shit. And somehow I've still got some. Somehow you're still here. Sometimes I just-"
"Jess!" I burst through the door and embraced her in a hug.
"I've missed you so much!" She mumbled into my neck. I need to go and do meet and greet now, but you're welcome to go in next door and meet the band and the glam team. Emma an introduce you." Jess explained to Jade as she got up to leave.

I introduced Jade to everyone apart from Alisha. Alisha cut in before I could "Hey! You must be Jade! I'm Alisha, Jessie's hair stylist." She danced over to us and smiled at Jade and gave me a glare. She's still jealous but it's not as fun to wind her up without Clair.
"Oh yeah because nobody knows who you are." I muttered and Alisha gave me another death glare.
"Well if yo-"
"So girls." Holly cut Alisha off from whatever she was gonna say. "You'll be spending quite a bit of time with us tonight." Holly almost warned.
"Holy crap Hols." Clair appeared out of nowhere.
What? I thought.
"Oh errrm... Don't you think she looks ill?" She asked.
Yeah she does... You're hiding something.
"She hasn't told anyone. I'm not gonna tell you. Sorry Ems." I sighed. It's fair enough really.

Jess soon came back and took a group picture with Jade, the band, the glam team and I. I was on Jessie's left and Jade was on her right. On my other side was Alisha. She really needs to sort her jealousy out. Jess doesn't love you, get over it. We had half an hour to mess around with Jess and everyone before the show, but even though Jess acted happy, you could clearly see that she wasn't. I hope this doesn't effect her performance tonight.

When Jessie had to go and get ready, security Mark lead Jade and I to the front of the stage having a perfect view of what was going on there. Mark left us alone to go and check everything was in order. "Is she okay?" Jade asked. I didn't reply. I've never been able to lie to Jade, unless she was pissed. But she isn't at the moment. "I saw the scars Em. That's why she was in hospital wasn't it? She tried to-"
"When Clair died," I spoke quietly so no one else heard, "No one was there. I was away, Holly and everyone else was in London. She was on her own and... You've got it." I sighed.
"Covering it with her ankle was a good idea though. It's believable to most."
"That was Clair's idea." Oops...
"But I thought-"
"I meant Holly. I was just thinking about Clair." It was a massive lie. I was watching Clair out of the corner of my eye who was stood next to Danny. It's strange because I can feel what she's feeling too.
"It was after that she turned straight wasn't it?"
"Yup..."
"How much blood did she lose?" I sighed before answering.
"Enough to make her have possible memory loss that will come back..."
"You mean she might still be gay?"
"I don't know... I've already told you more than I should have done."