Chapter 41 - Social Networking

*Jessie's pov*

Well that's fucking brilliant isn't it? We were so close.... So close to kissing. I wish she just knew how I felt and then maybe I'd be able to get over it. It's now half past twelve and I'm at home. I left Emma without a seconds thought. I really just needed to get of there. I felt rejected. Not that I was rejected. It's just better to think I was rejected. I just hope things won't be awkward tomorrow on the way to Yorkshire.

I changed into a baggy t-shirt and shorts and climbed into my bed. I felt tired but my brain was too active to let me sleep. After ten minutes of tossing and turning my phone lit up the room. I had a text from Holly. I smiled. I need to talk to her... It's a bit late though isn't it? I mean it is twelve o’clock. But she just text me so she’s awake so she wouldn’t mind. Oh yeah, the text!

Hey babe! I know it’s late and I hope I’m not disrupting your sleep or anything else you may be doing on a bed right now ;) I thought I should just tell you that I got home safe! I know how much of a worrier you are :D Also I wanted to remind you that I’m only a phone call away if you need me. Even now. Even at three o’clock in the morning, I’d happily wake up so I can talk to you. :D Night babe, love you :* xxx

Well that’s answered my question. It's like she can read my mind... Maybe she can sense something is wrong... I didn’t even bother replying to her, I just typed her number in and let it ring.

"Jess, are you okay?" I heard Holly answer, I just broke down into tears. I needed her right now. I needed my best friend. "Jess?" She asked again but I couldn't say anything. "Jess I can hear you crying, what's the matter babe?" I tried to speak but my voice failed me. "Jess. What has she done?" Holly asked sternly and my voice returned.

"What?! Who?" I asked confused. My voice was very rough because of my outburst of tears.

"Emma. Who else?" Holly asked

"Nothing." I answered truthfully.

"Jess, I've know you better than anyone, I know when you're lying babe."

"The funny thing is though Hol, I'm not lying. Emma hasn't done anything."

"What's happened?" She was so confused bless her.

"That's the whole point, Emma didn't do anything. Well she did but..." I trailed off

"What Jess? Please explain. I hate knowing that your hurt and I can't come over to sort it all out so you're going to have to tell me on the phone." Holly explained

"I... I tried to... I tried to kiss her. I tried to kiss her Holly."

"What happened next?" She asked sounding very interested.

"We were so close... But the doorbell rang so we didn't do anything. She shook her head and hopped off." I sighed heavily.

"Jess, she hasn't rejected you, she had to answer the door. She's probably just scared of what would happen next. She's only fourteen. And what do you mean hopped off?" I couldn't help but chuckle at this.

"You're probably right like you always are. I'm just worried that its going to affect mine and Emma's friendship. I'd rather be her friend than nothing at all. But you know she was in hospital?" I waited for her to answer.

"I'm sure everything is going to be fine. And yeah, I remember, how could I forget with your driving." She giggled so I know it was a joke. A smile appeared on my face. This girl really knew how to cheer me up.

"Yeah well I'm note sure what happened but she banged her head and dislocated her ankle. She's home now though. Everything is fine."

"That's great news Jess! Did someone do it to her?"