Chapter 22 - Nightmares

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Some people may find this chapter a bit gruesome.... Happy reading :)

*Holly's pov*

Emma called Rachel and we all went to bed pretty much straight after. We were all physically and emotionally drained so it didn't take long to get to sleep.

I woke up suddenly to the sound of shouting. It took me a while to remember where I was. I soon remembered after I heard another scream coming from Jess' room. I quickly got up, threw my dressing gown on and ran to her room.

Jess was a mess. The duvet had been thrown off the bed and the sheets had been untucked from the corners and had nearly fallen off the bed too. I gently shook her to wake her up with out startling her. I'd had plenty of practise as Jess used to have nightmares all the time and her family, Clair and I never left her alone at night just incase she did have these nightmares. We'd take it in turns to stay over hers and we'd persuade her to stay over ours. The nightmares stopped after she went on tour though so we don't stay every night anymore and Jess knows that we're just a phone call away if she does have one.

"Jess, Jess babe. It's okay, it was a nightmare." I reassured her

"It felt so real." Jess said as she broke down into tears. I held her for a bit, gently rocking her back and forth. "What about Emma?" She asked

"What about Emma?" I asked her back

"Well, is she okay? She was so young Hol, and we brought it back up for her. She's gonna be scarred for life and it's all my fault." She started rambling on

"Woah, hold on a minute! From what she said to me she was pretty much over it. And Jess, if you didn't knock him out, she would be soooo much worse." I smiled

"That's true. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, it's just I couldn't think about her without breaking down into nothing. Thinking about how much he could have hurt her. What would have happened if I had just climaxed? He'd already made me cum five times before she came in. I don't know how I had the strength to knock him out. If she had come in like a minute later, he would have got her and I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it." Jess confessed whilst I tried not to cringe

"Well Jess that didn't happen did it? What did you dream of?" I know it would help her if she talked about it.

"That night... Except Emma did come in too late and he killed her. He raped her and killed her. It hurt sooo much, to think she was dead. We were our age now, so I loved her. Holly, help me, I've fallen for her so hard." I hugged her tighter. If only Jess knew that Emma felt the same, life would be so much simpler, but I'm not going to make them get together... Not yet anyway, I'll just tell them not to give up on each other. I kind of told Emma that Jess likes her because I'm not sure what Emma's like when it comes to love. However I know once Jess has begun to fall for someone, she won't just drop it. She has to let the other person know how she feels about them, whether the other person likes it or not. I had pulled the duvet back over me and Jess, and just as we were drifting back off to sleep, we heard an ear splitting scream coming from Emma's room.

*Jessie's pov*

I sat bolt upright when Emma screamed. I jumped out of bed and quickly put my red dressing gown with all the names on it on. I slowly walked into Emma's room so not to startle her. She was tossing and turning and mumbling things...

"NO... PLEASE... I'LL DO ANYTHING... I...I'LL KEEP QUIET THIS TIME... I WON'T TELL ANYONE AND NEITHER WILL JESS." She half mumbled half shouted. At lest I knew what she was dreaming about. I got in next to her and pulled her close into a hug and stroked her hair to try and calm her down, "IF YOU LET ME AND JESS GO AND WE'LL STAY OUT OF YOUR LIVES FOR EVER IF YOU STAY OUT OF OURS... JUST LET JESS GO THEN. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO ME BUT DON'T HURT JESS... NO... PLEASE..." She started crying at this point and then screamed again.