Chapter 50 - 21st July 2013 - A Day With Danny

*Emma's pov*

I felt the weight of the bed shifting. I can't even remember how I got in the bed. All I remember is the fight and then the police station and then waking up in the comfiest, warmest bed I have ever slept in. I'd already woken up a few times with a massive headache so I just turned over and went back to sleep.

Anyway, this time I was woken with the weight of the bed moving. I pressed my eyes closed pretending to be asleep because I wasn't in the mood for talking and I had no idea what time it was. It wasn't until the newly familiar smell of Armani Diamonds filled the air that I opened my eyes ever so slightly to find Jessie leaning over me. I swear she looks even more beautiful in the night. She sighed and lay back down pulling the covers over her slightly more. Looks like we're sleeping together tonight then whether I liked it or not. Obviously I liked it and I would have loved to make it a permanent thing and then maybe do a little bit more than just sleeping. I pushed the thoughts out of my head before I fell into an unconscious state once more.

Once again I woke up with the feeling of arms around my waist. Looks like Jess feels like being a spoon tonight. I snuggled into her so her crotch was up against my bum. I sighed in content when I realised my back was slightly damp and I could hear faint sobs coming from behind me. "Jess?" I questioned. My voice barely audible due to all the crying I've been doing and sharp pains flashing through my head at the noise after the silence of the night.

"Hmmm?" She mumbled.

"Are you okay?" My voice still not returning back. There was no reply and eventually I felt the rhythmic rise and falling of Jessie's chest against my back signalling to me she's fallen asleep so I once again relaxed and fell asleep.

I woke up again in the same position as last time with Jess spooned into me but this time she was propper full on crying. I turned around so I could see her and my head nearly exploded with the sudden movement. "Jess babe, what's wrong?" I asked as she turned away from me so I spooned into her making sure there was no gap between us.

"Nothing, don't worry." You know when someone says that they're fine and that you shouldn't worry about them but you do anyway? Yeah well now you know how I feel right now.

"Jess that's only going to make me worry more you know?" I asked purely out of concern.

"I really don't know what you're on about babe. I'm absolutely fine." Jess answered and her voice was shaking like a tree does in the wind.

"Please Jess. I hate to see you like this. It hurts to see you upset." I reasoned. Jess sighed before speaking.

"Well earlier today or yesterday it probably was by now, but earlier today after what happened... Well you were... You were broken. Just completely vulnerable and broken and I'd hate to see my worst enemy in the state that you were in. I'm sorry Em." She finished before burying her head into my chest. I rubbed her back gently to reassure her that I was fine.

"Jess, I'm really sorry about earlier. I haven't had a fit like that for around two years. I don't get them often anymore, only when things get on top of me. You're right, I was vulnerable and weak in that house, I always have been ever since the thing with Karl. I don't think I've ever been that bad Jess and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I hate seeing you hurt too. You should see some of the rants I've had to people because of all the hate towards you and your heartbeats or shitbeats as they like to call us. Even before I knew you Jess, I cared about you. Every heartbeat does Jess and they hate to see you hurt."

"You don't have to apologise babe, any normal person would have reacted in the way you did, let alone someone as strong as you but I promise to look after you and no one is ever going to hurt you like that again." Jess held out her pinky finger just like we were small kids. I wrapped my pinky finger around hers and kissed them to seal the deal.