Chapter 43 - 20th July 2013 The Journey To Yorkshire

After applying light make up to the tunes of the script, who I have become a little bit obsessed with whilst waiting for Jessie’s new album to be released, I started looking for some clothes. I knew exactly what I was going to wear. My grey, baggy Jack Wills tee with plain black joggers and Crocs. I know it’s not very glamorous but we are only traveling and my grandparents have seen me in much worse, much much worse. With the Crocs. Don’t judge, they’re actually really comfortable and perfect for traveling in or on the campsite when we go camping.

After searching through my wardrobe and drawers, all I found were my Crocs. Jess is obviously against Crocs. Oh well, I’m still wearing them. I smiled at the memories that they brought me. It’s amazing how a pair of shoes can hold so many memories. I smiled even more and slipped my feet in. My ankle and foot had come out very swollen and very bruised now, but it didn’t hurt as much as it used to, it’s probably because of all the drugs I’m on for my ribs as well as my ankle.

I soon realised that when Jess said she packed everything she actually meant it. I made sure the towel was tightly wrapped around me before hopping back down the stairs. I found Shelly and Linda downstairs making breakfast at four o’clock in the morning.

“Sorry girls, did I wake you up?” I apologised.

“Yeah but it’s fine, we wanted to see you off anyway.” Linda replied

“I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to.” I apologised again as Shelly just nodded in understanding. I unzipped my suitcase. “Wow.” Was what escaped my lips without me realising.

My suitcase, that was only small but still fitted all my clothes, was the most organised thing I’ve seen in my life. T-shirts were folded neatly and covered half of the suitcase with trousers rolled up and placed on top. My underwear and socks outlined the area with my clothes in. My toiletries had their own corner and the towels, hoodies and shoes were in the other corner. I think I found Jess’ OCD side.

I couldn’t be bothered to hop back up the stairs and back down again so with the aid of my crutches, I changed in the downstairs toilet. I smiled at the warmth my clothes brought me. I always used to wear this after my hour (at the least) long bath after a football match in the rain. Being the goalie, and my team being at the top of the league, I did a lot of standing around so I got very cold, very quickly. So a steamy hot bath, my joggers and baggy Jack Wills T-shirt were all I needed to get warm again. I smiled even more at the memories. I’ve become really sentimental recently, I never used to be like this.

“Well someone’s happy this morning.” Shelly winked as I hopped back out of the bathroom.

“It hasn’t got anything to do with the fact you get to spend the whole day with a certain Miss. Cornish has it?” Linda teased

“No. Why would it?” I asked

“You’re obviously in love eachother.” Shelly stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Is it really that obvious?” I sighed giving in and not bothering to hide it. If I have my way, Jess will know exactly how I feel about her. Her eyes that sparkle like all the stars are in them. That smile that makes you smile no matter how depressed you feel.

“It’s more obvious than one plus one equals two.” Shelly smiled bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Do you think she really likes me too?” I asked, still unsure of the answer.

“We can see it in her eyes.” Shelly reassured me as I nibbled on my piece of toast. I thought it was too early for breakfast to be honest. There’s plenty of sweets for us to eat on the way up anyway. It’s just a typical journey to Yorkshire.