Chapter 63 - There's Only Three Tries In Try, Try And Try Again

*Emma's pov*

I smiled up at Jess as she gently rubbed her thumb over the back off my hand. The shots of electricity never failed to let me know they were there. Jess bent down and let Jackson off the lead before taking my hand again. She smiled her toothy smile that only made me smile more. I loved seeing Jess happy. I love Jess.

We continued our walk in silence as we walked up to the pigs. If I'd have known we were coming up here I would have brought some apples. The pigs do love a few apples. Jess and I stopped at the pigs to watch them do there thing. Jackson took a large interest in one of the piglets which was cute. I guess Jackson does look a bit like a pig. Is it weird that I find pigs cute? Their little snouts and their curly tales are just adorable. Five or so minutes after Jess cutely trying to talk to the pigs we sat down on the bench that over looks the river. We were so lucky it was sunny, it made the usually murky brown water sparkle as it gently rippled whilst flowing by. The ducks and the herons diving in and out of the water whilst catching their bate and taking it back to their young. The smaller garden birds were twittering away to each other. I loved being out in the country side, the fresh air and the not-so-quite peacefulness of it all just refreshed me.

Jess looked across the river. You could see right past the sea. Small fishing boats were out casting their nets, sharing the waves with titanic cargo ships. Despite the beautiful scenery in front of me I couldn't tear my eyes away from Jess. Jess' emerald eyes sparkled in the sunlight. Jess' radiant smile brightened the world more than the sun ever has. Her smooth skin also shimmering in the light. And finally her lips. The one thing that I desire the most. Her lips are like a magnet and mine are drawn to them. Her full, soft lips. That brief touching of lips that we had earlier was the best feeling I've ever had in my life. It made me feel so alive and it made me real. I need her lips on mine. I need to feel like that again.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Jess asked staring out across the view.

"It is." I agreed not tearing my eyes away from her perfectness. "The more I look at her, the more beautiful she gets." I breathed still not taking my eyes away from her. Jess' head snapped round and I instantly blushed. I couldn't move though. It was too late and our eyes had already locked together. Her beautiful orbs telling a million different stories and emotions. I start leaning in, very slowly. This is what I've wanted for ages, but do I want it like this? I stop myself and think about what I want to say. "I can tell you anything right?" I asked. I already knew the answer but I needed Jess to know that I was being serious.

"Yeah of course. What's wrong?" Jess asked, concern evident in her voice.

"Nothing's wrong. The complete opposite actually." I smiled to reassure her. "It's just... I know I've only known you for a few weeks but the thing is I-" Jess' phone started ringing and she looked at me sympathetically. "Answer it. It could be important." I sighed and slumped back into the bench.

Jess ended the phone call with Clair quickly, claiming that she was busy and now's not exactly the best time which made me feel bad because I know how much Clair means to Jess. "Sorry Em. What were you saying?" Jess asked as she put her phone back in her pocket.

"Well. Even though I've only really got to know you properly for a few weeks... I...." I trail off. Words are unable to form in my head.

"What Em?" Jess placed her hand on my leg, rubbing it gently for reassurance but only turning me on.

"I lo-"

"EM!" I heard Caroline call from behind me. I closed my eyes and counted to ten in my head before turning around to greet her.

"Hey Ca." I forced a smile.

"Sorry have a come at a bad time?" She asked glancing down at Jess' hand, which she quickly retracted.