Chapter 64 - Hotel

*Emma's pov*

That evening Jess and I spoke to the vicar about my mum's funeral. Kevin, the vicar, wanted to have the funeral on the first of September . I point blank refused though. My mother's funeral was not going to be on my fifteenth birthday. Instead he decided for the second. I had no choice really but to agree. So that's happening in five days now.

The catch up meeting was very boring. The police were basically saying that they haven't managed to find dad. Colin has been cleared though because nothing really happened. Blonde Bitch has managed to disappear off the face of the earth again apparently, but I know her and my dad will be back. They've also reopened the Christmas day rape case, much to Jess' disappointment. As much as Jess wants to get him sent down for what she did, she thinks the public will find out if they reopen the case. It all happened before Jess was properly famous and she got away with it. But now she's a world famous pop star and the press would pick up on it. They're reopening it because they think my dad might have something to do with Karl. They think they're working together.

The meal with Caroline and her family was... interesting. Caroline's mother wasn't exactly impressed that I was gay, she didn't do anything about it though, she was just a little disappointed. Anyway, I reassured Zak about school and that everything was going to be fine. He's so cute, bless him. It made the need to have my own kids grow even more than it was.

Since then, Jess and I have been to LA with Holly, Clair and the team. Unfortunately that includes Alisha. I know I'd never met her before and I didn't like her but now I have, it hasn't helped my opinion at all. She's a bitch that sucks up to Jess just to get in her bed. It's so obvious. She's constantly flirting and laughing at whatever Jess says. She always has to be the one that stands or walks next to Jess. She has to be the one that comforts Jess if she's doubting herself and she's constantly trying to push me away. If ever I try to say something Alisha has to say something else. I spoke to Clair about it and she said "It's just because she's jealous and she can see how much Jess loves you and how much you love her."  I just stared at her and didn't say anything.

Jess can push Alisha off easily. I don't know how she does it though. When I finally got two minutes to ourselves and asked her she replied "I've had nearly three years of practice." Which is a good reason I guess. I really just don't know how she can stand it. She never flirts back, she ignores the laughs, she always walks over to the other side of the pavement that Alisha's on, she always comes to me, Holly or Clair after Alisha has tried to comfort her and Jess makes extra effort to include me.

Jess and I, and obviously the band have been touring around the UK as well going to different festivals. I'd never seen Jess live before now, obviously I'd watched the videos on YouTube, but it's completely different. Her voice is so powerful and you can feel every bit of pain and emotion she sings about whilst singing about them even more than on a recorded track. I'd be stood there crying my eyes out whilst Holly and Clair would be crying with laughter over me.

We're all in Australia now. Down under. It's been one of my dreams for years to go to Australia, New Zealand and America and I've done all that now. This has definitely been the best summer of my life. I haven't spoken to my friends much though. Charlotte's always made the effort to message me and understands why I can't always reply back. Jade and the other Bush Bashers have been the same. I thought that ever since they'd found out that I was friends with Jess, they would have got me to ask her stuff and kind of suck up to me more, but they haven't and I'm so grateful because I know Jess wouldn't appreciate me bugging her with millions of questions.

-------------

"This is always funny in a hotel room isn't it?" I asked Jess whilst pulling a hanger out of the wardrobe. "Where's my head gone? I used to be like a swan." I giggled and so did Jess. I put my outfit for the 'pub' down on the chair.