Chapter 52 - Home Is Where The Heart Is

*Emma's pov*

"Hello?" I answered the phone after staring at it for a while.

"Hi Emma, this is Janet. Are you available to speak for five minutes?"

"Yeah of course."

"Okay, we were wondering how long you're going to be in the London area for." Janet asked.

"I'm not sure, why?" I replied. Jess looked at me with a confused expression.

"We need a catch up when you get back. Get you up to speed on the case."

"Oh right, I'll find out now." I covered the speaking peice of my phone and spoke to Jess. "Janet wants to know how long we're going to be up here for. They want to arrange a catch up meeting or something."

"Well... I want to stay up here for a while, you know to see the family, but if we're needed back home then..." I smiled at the way she calls Wales her home already. I don't know why, but it really warned my heart.

"Jess, don't rush back. You're family are more important."

"But Em, this is important and you're important." She argued back.

"Jess, all you've done this past week is put me first. It's time you put yourself and your needs first. You're a selfless person Jess, we all know that, but spending time with your family is important to you. You've always made that clear."

"You're right Em, thank you." She smiled that toothy smile. You know the one where you can't help but reciprocate it? "We'll be here another week."

I smiled and put my phone back to my ear. "Jess says we'll be here for another week."

"Is there anyway that you could make it shorter?" Janet asked, well, almost pleaded.

"No sorry."

"Okay then. Do you know what you're doing over the next week?" Janet asked.

"I know we're going to Essex to see Jess' parents."

"Okay, we'll need to arrange a police escort."

"Is that really necessary?" My voice got higher towards the end.

"I'm afraid it is. We have no idea where Colin or Graham or Sophie are and they could be a potential threat to you."

"Oh... Jess already has some security though."

"We know but just to be sure. You'll be in safe hands."

"Okay then. Why though?"

"They got away before the team could get to them. I'm sorry Emma."

"It's fine. You're doing the best you can."

"Thank you, most people aren't as understanding as you are."

"I can see why, but it's really not your fault."

"Thank you. I'll need Jess' adress and then I'll send the security over. They shouldn't disturb your personal life, they will just be watching."

I told Janet Jess' adress and we hung up. I sighed and plonked myself back on the sofa. "What's up babe?" Jess asked as she sat next to me and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"They're sending police to guard the house and we're having a police escort to your parents' house."

"How come?"

"They didn't catch them. They're still out there somewhere... It's all a bit déjà vous, don't you think?" I asked thinking back to Karl. He's still out there somewhere too.