Chapter 81 - Date

*Jessie's pov*

"Hey Rach, Hey Luc." I greeted as we entered the house.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" Rachel asked after Lucy and herself had given me a hug.

"Yeah, I'm great thanks." I smiled. After our kiss, there's nothing that can get me down. I'm so happy and relived and excited out of what could come from this.

"Em?" Lucy asked and got a "Uhum" as a reply from Emma. "Where were you today?" I suddenly froze, Emma told me that she had the day off school today. Emma sighed before explaining.

"Well, Claude is over from America and it's a really good opportunity for me to work with him, it could help me get my career underway." Emma explained. "And I know I missed school but it was well worth it." Emma looked over to me and smiled, I smiled back knowingly.

"Fine. But you'll be in tomorrow won't you?"

"Yes she will." I ensured Lucy. Emma sighed and unlocked the door to her room.

After talking to Lucy and Rachel for a little while longer I decided to follow Emma into her room. "Can I come in?" I waited for a few minutes but there was no reply so I walked down to where she was sitting at the end of the other room. "Em?" I asked carefully. She rubbed her eyes before turning to look at me. Her eyes were a raw red. "What's wrong?"

"I just..." She sighed. "I don't want to go to school." Emma turned around and looked at her files on her shelf.

"Why not?" I asked curiously.

"It's just too stressful and horrible. There's a massive difference between key stage three and GCSE... I'm just struggling to cope. That's all." She didn't sound very convincing as she pulled out a file and thousands of papers fell out. "Oh for fucks sake."

"Woah Em, just calm down." I bent down and picked up all the papers and she slumped down on the makeshift bed next to me. "And you should know that if you're struggling with school, missing it won't help." I warped my arm around Emma and she leaned into me.

"I know. This is important to me too though. No one is lucky enough to ever have an opportunity to work with Claude Kelly."

"I know Ems, but I'll always be here and Claude is one of my best friends. And I'm sure after he's gone through some of these," I signalled the papers in my hand, "He'll be desperate to work with you." I kissed the top of her head softly.

"How is it that you always know what to say?" Emma questioned and I giggled.

"I just like to make people happy." I smiled and kissed the top of her head again. "Especially you." I could tell that wasn't all that was bothering her though. Something's happening at school again that she's not telling me about and I'm gonna have to find out what it is. The only thing in life that I need now is for Emma to be happy.

Emma chose cheered up a little bit soon after and chose four of her hundreds of files to take up to Claude. Our hands were once again entwined as we climbed up the hill. "Can I errrm... Can I take you out on a date?" I asked Emma, who smiled back at me at the question.

"That sounds great. When?"

"Next Friday? We might be out quite late because we're going to Birmingham."

"Why Birmingham?" Emma questioned.

"Because once you drive past all the derelict buildings, it's such a beautiful place. And I have to take you there, Ems. All my friends, especially you deserve to go there. Unfortunately I never got to take Clair there..." I heard Emma sigh and we stopped walking. Emma turned to face me as a tear once again slipped down my cheek.