True Colors (Sousuke x reader)

(Q/N: Yes this is a song based on Trolls! Do not judge my decisions in life!)
(Y/N) was cheeriest person you could ever meet.
(Q/N if You're not you are in this story)
She always tried her best to make other people happy even if it meant bringing her self down a bit. But there was one person that she just couldn't cheer up. And that was her friend/Crush Sousuke.
                  "C'mon! You never smile and never wanna sing in karaoke night! If you try it, it'll change you!" She tried to persuade.
                  "No. What's so good about singing? It's just a whole bunch of words." He said. She blew raspberries.
                  "Singing is . . . . Letting out what you express. It's everything!" She sand the last part. He just rolled his eyes.
                  "I can't believe I have a crush on this ball of joy." He thought.
                  "I said no. You can't just make someone happy by singing. There's more to that. You just don't see it." He said. She nodded.
                  "I know that. But, maybe it would make you happy."
                  "I'll pass." He let out the last part coldly. She nodded.
                  "Okay. Whatever you say grumpy pants."
During the week . . . .
(Y/N) was at her locker getting her books when her usual bully came by.
                  "Hey there sunshine! What are gonna do today? Sing your annoying songs that supposedly make people happy?" (Jerky girl's name) sneered.
                  "For your information, (J/G/N), they do make people happy. Right Rin!?" He had just passed by and gave her a thumbs up before walking off. "See?"
                  "But you couldn't make that Sousuke happy could ya?" (Y/N) eyes went wide and furrowed her eyebrows.
                  "How di-"
                  "It's obvious he gets annoyed  every time you try to talk to him. I mean he's just not happy to see you." (Y/N) frowned. She looked hurt.
                  "Is it that obvious?"
                  "Yeah. I mean hello? You can't make someone happy all the time by just singing to them. Also you can't be happy all the time. Later loser." (J/G/N) walked off leaving (Y/N) in a sad state. She looked down at her feet glumly.
                  "Hey." A voice called behind her. She turned and saw Sousuke. "What's up? You up for karaoke night again?" She could tell by his face he wasn't ready please talking about it. She sighed.
                  "Yeah sure." She answered quietly. Sousuke could tell immediately that something was wrong.
                  "Hey, you okay? Whats up with that frown?" She shrugged. "What happened?"
                  "I just learned that I can't be happy all the time. I mean, why would anyone be. You aren't." She looked at him and gave him a small shrug. "I'm going to be there. But I just won't sing."
                  "But-"
                  "I just don't wanna sing, okay. Later." She walked off.
                  "What happened?"
One week later . . . .
Ever since (J/G/N) made her statement, (Y/N) stopped being her little ball of sunshine. It really worried Sousuke. Then karaoke night came.
                  "Hey, (Y/N)~chan. You wanna sing first?" Nagisa asked handing her the microphone. She shook her head, still frowning.
                  "No. I'll pass."
                  "Huh?" Everyone said.
                  "But you always wanna go first." Makoto said.
                  "I'm good. I'm not singing today." Sat at the corner of the wall where the couch was. Everyone was so confused. Suddenly Sousuke couldn't take it any more. He stood up and put on a song.
                  "Sou~chan what are you doing?" Nagisa asked. Sousuke ignored him. He grabbed and microphone and let out a shaky breathe.
"You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged"
(Y/N) looked at Sousuke with wide eyes. He smiled a small smile and walked towards her while still singing.
"Oh I realized
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all"
He knelt down to her
"And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small."
He tried giving her the other microphone but she shook her head.
"Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
Cause I will always be there"
She began to smile a bit.
"And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you."
Her eyes widen. He nodded and gave her the microphone phone. They both stood up. She smiled and began to sing.
"So don't be afraid."
Both: "to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful"
He grabbed her hand.
"I see your true colors
shining through.
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid
To let them show
Him: Your true colors
Her: True colors
Both: Are beautiful
He placed his forehead on hers.
Him: Like a rainbow
Her: Oh oh oh oh
Like a rainbow
Him: Oh I can't remember when
Both: I Last saw you laughing
Oh oh ohh oh
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
Cause I will always be there
And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
Him: so don't be afraid
(Her: Don't be afraid)
Both: To let them show
Your true colors
Her: True colors
Both: Are beautiful
Him: like a rainbow
Her: oh ohh oh oh
Both: Like a rainbow
Oh ohh ohh."
After the song everyone clapped for the two.
                  "That was so beautiful!" Sobbed Gou. Rin whistled. Nagisa cheered out loud. (Y/N) giggled and bowed. She looked at Sousuke and gave him a hug. He hugged back causing everyone to 'aw' at them.
Afterwards . . . .
Sousuke decided to walk (Y/N) home.
                  "Thanks for that Sousuke. You made me feel better today." She said.
                  "When your colors shine I'm always happy so that's why I did it." He replied.
                  "Ha. I get it. Reference to the song." She giggled but she looked at him to see he was serious. "Wait. Really?"
                  "Yes. And it's all because . . . . I love you." He came closer and grabbed her hand. "It pained me to see you unhappy all week. So that's why I just had to-" she cut him off by kissing him. He kissed back immediately. She pulled away and smiled. He did the same. "You give me my true colors."
                  "And that's why I love you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't about you guys but I love his story.
Next up: Makoto x reader