Chapter 3: Rescuing Sam

We were in Lancer's office while he was sorting through some files. Danny, Tucker and I were sitting in chairs in front of his desk and Dash is leaning against the back wall, looking pleased with how things are going. "Tucker Foley. Chronic tardiness, talking in class, repeated loitering by the girls locker room." said Mr Lancer as he reads from Tucker's file. Tucker gives a sly smile at that last comment and I just shake my head. "Danny Fenton. 34 dropped beakers in the last month, banned for life from handling all fragile school property, but no severe mischief before today." Mr Lancer said. "(Y/N) (L/N). Not much but a few tardiness and falling asleep in class from time to time but nothing severe as well. So, tell me. WHY DID THE THREE OF YOU CONSPIRE TO DESTROY THE SCHOOL'S CAFETERIA!!" shouted Mr Lancer as the boys and I recoil at his shouting.

"Dash started it! He threw..." I started to say, defensively but Lancer talks over me. "Four touchdown passes in the last game is thereby exempt from scorn. You three, however, are not. I'll map out your punishment when I return. Mr Baxter, watch the door." Mr Lancer said as he walks out the door. Dash walk past us but before he left the room he bends down and whispers in my ear. "Told you, you shouldn't hang out with these nerds." I just scowl at him and he backs away and heads out of the room and closes the door behind him.

"We gotta find Sam. For some reason, I feel like I got her kidnapped l." said Tucker.

"Maybe because you told the ghost she changed the menu? How about that?" I asked him with a hint of anger and annoyance in my voice. Tucker suddenly sniffs the air. "That steak is still in the building. 200 yards, tops." He said and Danny walks over to the walls of TV'S showing different security camera views. He then points out the one that has a bunch a boxes in the room and what looks like a trail of juice on the floor. "Check it out. Meat trail." Danny said. He backs away from the wall and he transforms. Tucker and I walk up to him and he grabs our arms, turns us intangible and goes through the the floor.

Danny takes uus to what looks like the storage room with boxes of meat in it. "Sweet mother of mutton! I'd dreamed of it, but... I never thought I'd live to see it!" Tucker exclaims as he latches on to the boxes. I look at Tucker then turn to Danny and asked. "How is it that you have ghost powers and he's the weird kid?" Danny chuckles as he shrugs and then we heard a cackling nearby. We peer around the corner and see that the lunch lady has Sam trapped in a pile of meat. "My dear child....meat is good for kids! It helps them grow and makes them smile! Why won't you eat it?" She asked Sam as she offers a chicken leg to Sam. "We don't need meat. That's fact!" Sam said. "SILENCE! You need discipline, manners, respect! You know where that comes from? Meat!" The lunch lady shouted then reverts to the nice lady and asked. "Chicken? Or fish?"

 "I'll take care of the ghost. You two just find a way to get Sam out of that pile of meat!" Danny tells us. "Waaay ahead of you." said Tucker as he pulls out a knife and fork from what seems out of nowhere. "Um, do you always carry knives and forks in your pocket?" I asked. Tucker smiles at me and said. "Always come prepared, (y/n)." "Riiiiight." I replied, dully. Danny flies off and punches the lunch lady while Tucker and I approached the meat pile. "I'll have you free in no time, Sam." Tucker said as he starts to cut seem prices of meat.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Sam said.

I shake my head at her and said. "Hang on, Sam." And I start throwing various meats off to the side. After a few minutes of this, Tucker finally cuts a piece and is about to take a bite but the piece flies off before he could bite into it.

Then the meat that was trapping Sam flies off too and I look behind me and see the meats attach themselves on to the Lunch Lady and she transforms into that meat monster, again. She sends a meat fist onto Danny and grabs him. Tucker lifts up his fork and knife and shouted. "Helps on the way, buddy!" Then the lunch lady throws Danny and I hear him scream then turn invisible. "DANNY!!" I shouted but before I could do anything the monster looms over us and roars at us. "Run?" Tucker and Sam asked. "Run." I replied and the three of us high-tail it out of there as fast as we could. 

Suddenly, I felt arms around my back and look to the side and see Danny is back and has wrapped his right arm around me and his left arm Sam, who grabs Tucker's hand and the four of us go invisible and phase through the wall. We make it ooutside and we turn tangible and I notice that Danny looks tired. "Gee, Danny. Fighting meat monsters, flying through walls....you must be exhausted." I said with concern. "What? Of course not! What would give you that ideax?" He said, defensively. But suddenly he falls and the four of us land on the ground, safely. Danny lands on his stomach and he is out cold and he reverts back to a human. Sam, Tucker and I look at each other for a moment then I grab his arms and Tucker grabs his legs and we carry him home.

Sam opens the door to Danny's house and we see his mother and father standing in the middle of the living room. "Hey, Mr and Mrs Fenton! What a school day! Poor Danny nodded off." Tucker said. "We figured we'd just carry him all the way home and tuck him into bed without any parental interaction whatsoever." I said as Tucker and I carry Danny up the stairs to his room. "Don't get up! We know where to go. Bye!" Sam said as she follows us. Once in his room, Tucker and I set him on his bed and we waited for him to wake up.

Eventually, Danny's eye's open and he yelps. "Ah! Aah! What? What's going on?" Danny asked us, confused. "You passed out. We took you home. You've been asleep for four days!" Tucker said. Danny sits up and asked, alarmed. "Four days?!" Tucker starts to snicker but I elbow him in the ribs and said. "It's only been a couple of hours." "Yeah, knock it off, Tucker. This is the second time today your carelessness almost got him killed." Sam said. "Me? I almost got him killed? The only reason this happened is because you had to be unique. You had to take the meat away! And I'm going to get it back!" Tucker yelled as he runs out of Danny's room.

"You want to change that menu back? YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME TO DO IT!" Sam shouted.
"Guy's, C'mon let's not...." I started to say but Sam walks out of the room and slams the door shut. I sigh heavily as I look back at Danny, who's still lying on his bed and looking a little shocked as to what just happened. "Well, maybe everything will be back to normal by tomorrow." I said. "I hope so. I hate it when they fight." said Danny and I nod at this. I smile at him, walk over to him and kiss his cheek and, I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me, I saw him blush at this. "See you tomorrow, Danny." I said as I walk out of his room.