Chapter 52: What Could've Been

"Mr and Mrs Vlad Masters?!" Danny exclaimed as he reads the newspaper clipping. "I knew something bad was going to happen!" I said just as we heard Mr Fenton phase through the roof above us.

"SAY GOODBYE!" He shouts, raising his glowing fist. Danny raises the newspaper clip which made him slow down as he lowers his fist. "Goodbye. Seems like all I do is say goodbye." He said as he takes the paper out of Danny's hand.

Dad...uh, I mean Jack...please tell us what happened. We would like to hear you blather on about the glory days." Danny said and I nod in ageement. "Well, my cat Jasmine won't listen anymore." Mr Fenton said. "It all started twenty years ago...." Then he explained how the blast hit him since Vlad pushed Mrs Fenton out of the way. "I may have lost Maddie that day but I gained ghost powers and twenty seven pounds! But after that I tried to find my place in the world. First as a ghost fighting superhero! But that didn't work out, but then again I shouldn't have debut on Halloween. Eventually, I moved here to continue my research on ghosts. But no mattered how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of my ghost half. The half I knew Maddie would never be able to accept." He finished and I couldn't help but feel sorry and responsible for this.

"Oh, man. We're so sorry." I said, apologetically.

"This is all our fault!" Danny said, dejectedly.

"What are you blathering about?" Mr Fenton asked.

Danny reaches onto his pocket and pulls out his wallet. He flips it open and showed him the picture of him, Mr and Mrs Fenton and Jazz. Mr Fenton takes the picture and gasps at this. "W-what is this?" Mr Fenton asked, confused.

"Vlad wasn't supposed to marry Maddie, you were!" Danny said.

"We went back in time to change one little moment in the past and messed up everything!" I said.

We look up and see Mr Fenton's fist shaking and his teeth were bared. "But we can fix this! We swear! We just need a working portal to--"

"MORE LIES!" Mr Fenton shouted and he makes duplicates of himself and they beat us up until we flew out of the building and smacked into a billboard building. I groaned as I get up while I felt Danny helping me up.

"I'm so sorry you're in the middle of this, (y/n)." Danny said, looking worried.

"Its okay, Danny. We just need to get to the Ghost Zone and find Clockwork." I replied until we heard a noise. We turned and saw Mr Fenton flying towards us but we turn intangible. Mr Fenton looks around for a moment then flies away. "And if your dad doesn't have a portal then we need to find your mom and hope that she does." I said as we turn tangible. "I agree. Next stop, Wisconsin." He said and the two of us fly away and make the long journey to Wisconsin.

It was daybreak, when we finally make it to Vlad's house. We turn human as we land. Danny takes my hand as we walk up to the door and knock. Vlad and Mrs Fenton, or should I say Maddie, answers the door and instead of being in a jumpsuit, Maddie was was wearing a checkered purple skirt and a purple button up blouse while Vlad was wearing a blue polo shirt, black pants and he had a red sweater tied around his shoulder.

We stared at them as Vlad said. "How many times do I have to tell you...NO. FREE. CHEESE. SAMPLES!" I collapse from exhaustion as Danny said. "Mom!" And he falls to his knees as well. "Mom?" Vlad and Maddie said in unison.

Later, Danny and I were sitting in their kitchen eating a lot of cheese. "We should call your parents. They must be worried sick!" Maddie exclaimed. "Our parents are sort've missing....there was an accident..." Danny started to explain when both Vlad's and Maddie eyes widen. "Oh, I am so sorry, you two." Vlad said.