Chapter 16: A New Plan

"Is it true? Did you kids just witness a ghost attack?" Mrs Fenton asked Sam, Tucker and I as her Mr Fenton and Mr Lancer approaches us. "Fear not, young ones. These gloves are made for grabbing!" Mr Fenton said as he raises his hands which looked like mechanical gauntlets.

Suddenly, Tucker gasps and walks over to the other side of us and I see that Danny appears behind him. "Uh, no ghost here, Mr and Mrs F." He said. "Only a girl trying to create a diversion for her own needs." Mr Lancer said as he glances over at Sam.

"Right. Right. No ghosts here." Sam said and the adults run off. I glare over at Danny and approach him. "Watch it, Danny. Your parents almost caught your intangible act." I whispered to him. He smirks with satisfaction and I roll my eyes at him. 

We start walking down the hallway when Danny said. "Ooh, ooh! Spiff diddly deep, man. So this is what it's like to have friends." We look at him as Sam asked. "You sure you're alright, Danny?"

He doesn't respond to her.

"Danny?" I said, staring at him questionable.

"Oh, me? Yeah, right. I'm right like Ike, Mike." He said.

"Why does your voice sound so weird?" I ask him.

"Uh...puberty?" He said with uncertainty.

"What happened to Poindexter?" Tucker asked him.

"Oh, that square? He flew the coop. Permanent-like." He replied and he keeps walking down the hallway while Sam, Tucker and I stare at him suspiciously. That is not Danny. I think to myself as we approach Danny phasing his hand through the soda machine to get a soda for Dash.

The machine dispenses a soda and Dash takes it and drinks it. "Thanks, Fenton." Dash said as he crushes the can. "Eh, no problemo." Danny said. "What are you going through puberty?" Dash asked him and the other two and I share a questioning look. "Uh, you know, I'm a little tight on quarters. Think you can get a few more sodas for me and my pals?" Dash asked Danny. "Hehe, you betcha." Danny said as he winks and phases his hand through the machine to dispense more sodas.

"Danny, that's stealing!" Sam said to him.

"What. I'm sure that poor kid lost more than his fair share of quarters to the vicious bullies in this school. It's time somebody evened the score. Hey, everybody! Egg creams on me." Danny said as he starts to pass out the sodas to Dash and his friends. "I don't know what the heck an egg cream is, but thanks!" Kwan replied.

"Well, this is new." Sam said.

"I know......something is not right." I said as I watch Danny pass out more sodas to the other students.

"Here's to Fenton!" Dash said as he raises his soda can along with the other students, who cheer. Few moments, Danny, Dash and Kwan walk by some lockers and, suddenly, Danny runs over to his and slams it shut. That wasn't suspicious, at all! I think as Sam and Tucker follows them. "Where are you two going?" I asked them. "Danny was invited to play football with the popular kids. We were going to go watch him, wanna come?" Tucker asked me.
"No, there something I need to do." I said as I continue to stare at the locker. Tucker and Sam shrug and walk away.

I walk up to the locker and noticed it is glowing green. "The heck?" I asked and I open it and I see Poindexter's face in the mirror.

"(Y/N)!" He said.

"Poindexter?" I asked.

"No! It's me, Danny! Poindexter took over my body and sent me into this bizarre spirit world." He said, frantically. I look at him and cross my arms. "Okay, if your really Danny. Tell me something only Danny would know." I said.

"When you were six, You use to have a dog named (dog name) but he was run over and your parents told you he ran away. You also want to be (dream job)." He said and I gasped.

Danny is the only person I told that stuff to. When I first met him I told him about my dream to become a (dream job) and he told me he wants to be an astronaut and the reason he found out about my dog was because, one day he came over to my house and found me in my room, crying. That was because that day was the anniversary of the death of my dog, (dog name), and he comforted me on that day. That was also the day I started to develop a crush on him. "Danny!" I said as I walk closer to the locker. "I knew there was something going on. Is there a way you can get out?" I aksed him.

​​​​​​"The mirror acts as some kind of portal, but I can't phase through it. Serves me right. I'm only in here because I was acting like a bully. Now I'm in here and I'm gonna get bullied for the rest of eternity!" Danny said.

"You might not be able to get out, but that doesn't mean Poindexter can't get back in. But I doubt he's in a big hurry to go back where he came from." I said as Danny thinks then he looks up at me and smiles.

"I know how to get him in here. First, you need to get Tucker and Sam..." He started to say but I talk over him.

"But what do I say to them to convince them that this is you and not the one that's out there playing football with Dash and his friends?" I aksed.

"Tell them that in second grade, Tucker threw up in Sam's lunchbox but he told her Ricky Marsh did it." He answered and I start to chuckle. "Now, here's what you need to do."