Chapter 42: The Fright Before Christmas

Awww, Christmas! The most wonderful and magical time of the year. Even though I'm only fourteen, I can't help but feel all giddy like a child when I see the blinking red and green lights and the snowmen, the reindeers, Santa Claus and any other decorations that was displayed in the city of Amity Park. It just makes me feel all warm inside.

Danny, Sam, Tucker and I were walking along the mall, passing by last minutes shoppers, while Sam, being uncharacteristically cheerful, starts waving to everyone and greeting them. "Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy Hanukkah!" She said to anyone that would pass her. Then she walks up to Mikey and said. "Merry Christmas, Mikey."

"You?! Are being cheery?! IT’S A TRAP! IT’S A TRA-A-A-AP!" Mikey screamed as he runs away from Sam. "What’s with him?" She asked, confused.

"What’s with you?" Danny asked, angrily.

"Aw, perk up, Danny." Tucker said. "I know you’re in your annual holiday funk, but this is the one time of year Sam isn’t instantly dour."

"Have a kickin’ Kwanzaa!" Sam said, cheerfully, to an African American man, who was just passing by. "And the one time of the year--" Tucker said as he takes his red beret off and replaces it with an identical one with a mistletoe hanging from the top of it, Danny and I look up at it. A woman in a red sweater, red boots and a white skirt walks by, holding a dog kennel. "Hey there, Miss. How about spreading a little Christmas cheer?" Tucker asked her as he approaches her. Tucker closes his eyes and puckers up.
The woman, who looked annoyed at Tucker, turns her red-haired dog, that's in the kennel, and move the dog towards Tucker. The dog licks Tucker’s lips, suddenly closing an eye and raising his ears, opening his mouth with a sound of disgust. I chuckle at this as Tucker unpuckers his lips and said. "Mmm. You had liver for lunch."

I busted out laughing at this while my boyfriend was, apparently, not so cheery. "I HATE THE HOLIDAYS!" He shouts in anger. I turn to him confused and asked. "I don’t get it! How can anybody hate this time of year?" Tucker places a hand on my shoulder and said. "That’s right! You don’t know about The Fight." I raise an eyebrow and said. "The Fight?"

Tucker turns his head and points towards a pen of two reindeer with a line of people nearby. A sign on the pen reads Live Reindeer and another sign hanging in front of two crossed candy canes reads Meet Santa!, an arrow pointing to the left. "Santa Claus is a--ho-ho-hoax!" Mrs Fenton shouted as her and Mr Fenton were standing nearby the mall Santa. "Heretic! Santa’s real as real can be!" Mr Fenton shouted then he turns to the kids and pulls up his megaphone and continues. "Don’t listen to her, kids. Santa’s coming tonight in his sleigh full of goodies! Keep the ho-ho-hope alive!" 

"Flying at that altitude? In the open? At that speed? He’d pass out! Or burn to a crisp from friction. It’s scientifically impossible!" Mrs Fenton shouted as I turn to give Tucker the seriously? look. Tucker nods as Danny speaks up. "If you need me, I’ll be in the Ghost Zone--getting rid of some frustration." He said as he holds up a red bag full of Christmas toys and decorations and leaves.

*DANNY'S POV*

"You better watch out!"

Zap. There goes the small Santa doll.

"You better not cry!"

Zap. There goes the purple glass ornament.

I let go of the bag as I said, anger rising in my chest. "Santa! No Santa! Santa! No Santa! Every year!" I lunge to grab the bag of goodies with both hands and toss it up, making the stream of Christmas-themed goodies fly out, including stockings, ornaments, wires of lights, gingerbread, the works. "And I’ve had it!" I shouted, angrily, as I throw a wave of ecto-beam at the decoration until one of them landed on a book that a guy was caring out of a building, which of course, the ecto-beam hit the decoration, destroying the book.