Chapter 40: The Ring Thou Hast

"Sam. (Y/N), please, tell Tucker he's nuts." Danny said to us. "I don't feel like I'm nuts." Tucker replied. "And I don't think he is either. Valerie is one of your enemies, Danny. Do you think it's smart to be letting her this close?" Sam asked Danny. "I can handle it." Danny scoffs. "Besides, she's not so bad...once you get to know her." I said.

"Thanks. You two are not so bad yourselves, (l/n)." I hear Valerie behind us say. Danny and I turn around to greet her while Tucker and Sam turn their back on us. "What's up with them?" Valerie asked us. "They're...Really good friends, and they're just being overprotective." Danny replied to her. "Of what? It's not like we have anything to hide." Valerie said and Danny gives us a knowing look. 

Suddenly, Danny's ghost sense goes off. "Woah! I gotta jet!" Danny said. He kissed my cheek then runs off and around the corner. Then moments later, Dash runs around and screams then he starts to slam himself against the lockers before he falls face forward on the ground. Then Danny walks around the corner. Sam, Tucker, Valerie and I stare at him. "And...There's more where that came from, Baxter! So...Watch it!" Danny said before he runs off.

I chuckle alittle when Valerie asked. "Where's he running to all the time? I mean, usually, a guy that runs off like that has a job. Or a girlfriend....but you're his girlfriend, (y/n)." Valerie said as I turn to face her. "And he's never mentioned a job, so what's with the rush?" She asked. "Maybe it's a family emergency." I replied but she doesn't seem to believe me. "Can I talk to you in private?" She asked me. I look over at Sam and Tucker, who have a concern look on their face. I nod at them and they nod back in response then they walk away.

"What's up?" I asked her. "Look, I know we don't know much about each other. We've never hung out or spent any kind of time together but I'm just worried that somethings going on. I think Danny's hiding something from you. I mean, like I said, where's he running off to, if you're here and he doesn't have a job?" Valerie asked and my jaw slightly dropped. "You think he's seeing someone else?" I asked her. She shurgs. "I don't know but I'm just....I just don't want to see you hurt." She said. I roll my eyes at this. I know this is just ridiculous but I'm just humoring her. "I'll keep it in mind, Valerie, but I'm sure it's just an emergency. But thanks for your concern." I said as I walk away and towards Tucker and Sam, just as Tucker's PDA goes off.

This is Tiffany Snow, with Action News. And this is the Ghost Emergency Broadcasting System. Amity Park is in the midst of a massive ghost attack. And now, here's Lance Thunder with the Ghost Weather!

As you can see--We have random ghost activities in restaurants, malls, and this box store. If you look to the west, you can see a huge wave of ghost skeletons heading from the center of town--towards Casper High. All parents are advised to immediately pick up their children and RUN! RUN LIKE THE WIND!! Not the hair! NOT THE HAIR!

I look at my friends in fear as we head out of the building.

*DANNY'S POV*

Vlad and I were in the football field when I fly towards him but he grabs me around the neck. "Calm down, Daniel! I didn't come here to fight you, I have other things to worry about!" Vlad said as he sets me down on the field. Then we heard a horse neighs, we turn to see the Fright Knight and his posse, the Skeleton Armies. The Fright Knight, attempting to hit Vlad, chops a wing off one of the football post.

I fire a blast that hits two Skeletons, and quite a lot more at the Skeletons who overtake me. Just as one Skeleton is about to slice through me, a pink blast of ectoplasm destroys it. I turn around to find that Vlad was the one that fired it.

"You're helping me? Whaddya want, my mom's cell number?" I asked him as we continue to fight. "No! But really, if you wanted to give me her number..." Vlad started to say until the Fright Knight grabs him.