Chapter 57: Reality Trip

"Oh, crud! Of all the days to be late!" I said as I quickly put on jeans and shove my shirt over my head. I quickly go and brush my teeth and then my hair. I can't believe I overslept on the last day of school! This is so embarrassing!

I run out of my house and shout a quick goodbye to my parents and shut the door. At that moment, I run to the side of the house, go ghost and fly off. As I'm flying I couldn't believe that it was finally summer! I've been looking forward to this summer for months. Danny, Tucker, Sam and I, along with Danny's family, are going on a two month long cross country trip. I couldn't wait to get these next eight hours out of the way and then I'm free!

Up ahead, I saw Danny, in his ghost form floating nearby his house. "Hey, Danny!" I greeted as I float next to him. He jumps slightly but smiles when he sees me. "Oh, hey (y/n)!" He said as he hugs me. "Ready for today to be over with?" Danny asked. "You bet!" I said then we heard a voice called out to us. "You, ghost kids!" We turn to see Mr Fenton shouting out from a window in the bathroom.

"When I get my hands on you two, I'll tear you two apart molecule by molecule!" He shouts and then he picks up an ecto-gun off the shower floor and fires it at us but we dodged and fly away. "Which is a perfect example of why we won't be going ghost during our vacation." Danny said to me. "I know, I'm looking forward to it." I said. "Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" Mr Fenton shouted after us as we fly farther and farther away from the house. "It's summer!" I exclaimed as I do a backflip in the air and Danny laughs. "Yeah, starting at 3:30, we won't have to listen to anyone for a long, long time." He said as we make our way to the school.

3...2....1 RING!!!

Finally the bell rings and everybody runs out of the building and head towards the stage of Dumpty Humpty. "Finally! I've been looking forward to this summer vacation forever! The four of us, traveling together cross country seeing the sights. Cape Canaveral Space Center in sunny Florida..." Danny said as he holds up a flyer to Cape Canaveral. "The Comic Book, Sci-fi and Fantasy Expo in sunny San Diego..." Tucker said. "And Gothapalooza in the bleak Nevada desert." Sam said. "But tonight we rock out at the Dumpty Humpty concert!" I exclaimed as I point at the stage until Jazz bumps into Danny and drops her books and papers.

"Jeez, Danny, watch it!" She shouts.

"Jeez, Jazz, watch it!" Danny shouts back at her the  he bends down and picks up the book she dropped. "Ghost Envy for Dimwits: Ghosts Are Not The Boss of Me? What is this?" Danny asked her. She grabs the book out of his hand and said. "My college entrance thesis on ghost envy. College might be a year and a half away but you can't be too prepared. In fact, did you know that ghosts often--"

"Don't know, don't care, not listening." Danny said as he holds up his hands. "From now on, it's no more pencils, no more books, and no going ghost so my parents can't tear (y/n) and I apart molecule by molecule." He said and I nod at him. "Which reminds me, how did you convince my parents to let me spend an entire summer with your parents?" Sam asked him. Danny smiles and looks over at me and winks at me. Let's just say Danny and I overshadowed Sam's parents to convince them to bring Sam with us.

"Uh, let's just say I finally got under their skin." Danny said when our ghost sense goes off.

Suddenly, people start running and screaming. We look up to see a ghost with a smiley Mohawk hair, red cape floating above the concert stage, her tattoo minions swirling around her and flying around attacking people. Sam and Tucker scream, and we see that two of the tattoo creatures are flying off with them. "Happy vacation!" I said, sarcastically, as we run to hide behind the concert curtain, go ghost, and flies up to take stock of the situation.  We shot many of the tattoo ghosts before we follow the ghosts bats that captured Sam and Tucker.