Chapter 10: The Hunter is Becoming The Hunted

*DANNY'S POV*
  ​​​​​
"The human ghost child in its natural habitat." The ghost said. "Who are you?" I asked. "I am Skulker. A collector of things rare and unique. And you, Ghost Child, are that and more." He said and he starts to laugh. Then he stomped on my model rocket. "Hey, my rocket! I built that!" I shouted. "Pity, though. I'd hoped you would put up more of a fight." Skylker said. "Oh, don't worry." I said and I transform and phase out of the net. "I will!" I said and I punch him through a wall.

​​​​​​*YOUR POV*

​​​​​​"That's the ghost from the zoo!" Sam said. "Danny?" Tucker asked. "No, the other guy." I replied and then we heard a crash in Danny's room.

"Hello? What's going on up there?" Jazz asked from downstairs. Tucker, Sam and I share a worry look and head downstairs. More crashes could be heard and then I hear Danny's father shouting. "Ghost! Ghost! Ghost!" We walk down the stairs and Danny's mother shouted at us.

"Kids, get down! There's a ghost in the house."  "Actually, there's two..." Tucker started to say but I elbow him before he could say anymore and then he says. "..much homework to be done for there to be a ghost here." I start walking to the kitchen and said. "I'll get some snacks."  "Yeah, Danny's upstairs....uh, lifting weights?" Sam said as there was more crashing upstairs. 'Lifting weights? Really, Sam?' I thought as I walk to the kitchen.

Then Danny crashes through the ceiling and onto the table, breaking it to pieces. The ghost jumps down through the ceiling in front of Danny. "Come, Ghost boy. Time to see your new home." He said and he grabs Danny and they phase through the floor, to the lab and I run towards there. I walk down there and see the ghost has Danny by the throat and suddenly I hear footsteps, which I know are Sam and Tucker, behind me as Danny asked. "What are you doing?"

"Bringing you back to my world, where I can put you on display." The ghost said as he holds up a cage full of ghosts. "What?!" Danny asked. The cage disappears and the Ghost portal opens. "Ha! At last! Time to put you in your cage." said the ghost. "Noooo!" Danny shouted then Sam and I run in front of the portal, blocking the ghosts way. "No is right, Danny. Cages are wrong." I said. "How do you think Sampson feels being in a cage?" Sam asked the ghost, who looks at us dumbfounded. "But..." He started to say but Sam interrupts him. "He's a beautiful animal and deserves to roam free!"  "I..." The ghost said but I talk over him. "Should be ashamed." 

Danny kicks the ghost across the room towards Tucker, who screams and runs away before the ghost lands. The ghost sits up and sees Tucker's PDA. "That technology: so sleek, so....advanced." He said and he looks down at his wrists then muttered something, then pulls out something from his wrist and replaced it with the PDA. "Hey, I got three more payments on that!" Tucker shouted at him. The ghost looks at him momentarily, then slaps him away. "Marvelous." He growled.

Danny flies at him, but the ghost fires an ecto-blaster at him and Danny hits the wall, his arms and legs bound by ectoplasm. "Way to go, Tucker. You just made the bad guy more bad!" I said. "How was it suppose to know my PDA was ghost compatible?" Tucker asked, shrugging. "Say goodbye to this world, child." The ghost said as he points his wrist at Danny, who looks terrified.

The PDA beeps and the ghost looks at his wrist. "What? Fly to library? Get a book on eating habits of purple back gorilla?" He asked then his jet pack pops out and he flies off. "No, stop! The hunt is not over!" He shouted then he phases through the ceiling and disappears. Then the ecto binds disappear and I go and help Danny up. "What happened?" I asked. "Who cares? At least I got a minute to relax and figure this out." Danny replied as he rubs the back of his head. "Danny, where are you? Somebody here wants to meet you." Danny's mom said. "D'oh! My room!" Danny shouted as he flies towards the ceiling and phases through it.

Later at school, we walk up the steps and Danny stops and looks around. "Any sign of him?" He asked us. "Nope. He hasn't bothered you for....thirty eight minutes. Maybe he's hunting somebody else's now." Tucker said as he looks down at a new PDA. "How many of those things do you have?" Sam asked him. "Just two. Good thing going I beamed all your info in here and backed it up. Global thinking, Danny: the sign of a quality time manager." Tucker said then the device beeps and Tucker looks down at it. "Come on, you're late." He said and pushes Danny forward towards the school and the four of us enter.
After Lancer's class, Sam, Tucker and I follow Danny to his locker. He opens it and glowing chains, suddenly, fly out of his locker and wrap around him

"DANNY!" We shouted and that ghost, which Danny told us his name is Skulker, materializes in front of him. "I have you now, child." He said then his PDA beeps. "What? Go to the news stand and purchase magazine with article about purple back gorillas?" He said, confused and his jet pack pops open and he flies off and the chains around Danny dissipates. "Hmm, I have the same thing on mine." Tucker said, checking his PDA. "I think we'll blow that one off." Danny said as he rubs his shoulder.

At lunch, the four of us are seating at the football bleachers eating our lunch. "Danny, eat something." I told him as he hasn't touched his food at all. "I can't eat now. He could be anywhere." Danny said as Tucker swallows his food. The three of us stare at him as he said. "Hey, this food was scheduled to be eaten." And he picks up a milk carton and opens it. A blue orb pops out of it and latches onto Danny. "DANNY!" We shouted and once again Skulker shows up. "Now, boy, once more, I, Skulker, shall---take photos of gorilla?" He asked as his PDA beeps and he flies off again and the orb disappears. "Well, at least he's regular." Sam said.
"Yeah, almost like a schedule. What's the next thing you have schedule for me, Tucker?" Danny asked Tucker. "Gym. Why?" Tucker asked him and Danny has a mischievous grin on his face.

​​​​​​*DANNY'S POV*

I walk over to my gym locker but I hesitate and turn to Dash. "Hey Dash? I'm too weak and defenseless to open my locker. Can you open it for me?" I asked him. He shoves me to the side and said. "Out of the way, loser." He opens up my locker and an ectoplasmic goo shoots out and traps Dash in a bubble on the wall, his eyes are covered.
Skulker shows up and looks at Dash. "Hmm, my sensors indicate you're an average human, destined for an average life after high school." Skulker said and Dash screams but it's muffled. Skulker looks over and see Tucker and I then he gets ready to attack. "I shall....gorilla display at the museum of natural history?" He said as the PDA beeps and he flies off.

"Why's he going there?" Tucker asked me.

"When Skulker put your PDA into his technology, he became bound to my schedule. He has to go where I was going go next. Which means...it's time for the hunter to become the hunted. Come on, I'm gonna go do something a little ahead of schedule." I said and we run out and get the girls.