Chapter 36: Pirate Radio

Danny and I were laying on top of the Fenton Works emergency ops center, looking up at the starry sky. The both of us just finished eating our dinner and just laid down to relax. It had been awhile since Danny and I had any alone time that didn't involve ghosts. "Clear skies and no moon. A perfect night for stargazing." I said, dreamily, as I laid my head on Danny's chest and he wrapped his left arm around my shoulder and the both of us were looking up at the sky.

"You know what? I actually miss this. Just you and me, alone, with no interruptions." Danny said as I look up at him. He looks down at me then places his hand on my cheek. I smile and the two of us lean in and kiss each other, which slowly turned into a make-out session.

Until the music, from the radio Danny brought up, starts to play a very new age dull sounding music. "Although, This music is putting me to sleep. Can't we listen to something else?" Danny asked me as we looked over at the radio. I sit up and turn over to the radio and start to mess with the dials but every station was playing the same song. "Survey says no." I replied.

Suddenly, a pirate ship appears in the sky, making us jump. Then a few pirate ghosts throw ropes down and they jumped down in front of us. "Survey says going ghost!" Danny shouts and he transforms as he stands up and gets into a fighting stance. Then a figure appears on the ship then flies towards us to reveal a small kid in a pirate captain's clothes and a skeletal parrot on his shoulder. "Avast ye...Aw man, what's the word?" he asked his parrot.
"Scurvey dogs." the parrot replied.

"Right. Avast ye scurvey dogs! Prepare to be boarded by Captain Youngblood and his skeleton crew." the kid, Youngblood, said. Danny flies up to him and asked. "Hey isn't it past your bedtime, kid?" 

That seemed to be the wrong thing to say as Youngblood pulls out a sling shot and aims it at Danny. At the end of the string, appeared a ball of energy and it hits Danny, sending him flying back. "Don't call me kid! I'm mature beyond me years!" Youngblood shouted at him while his crew starts to head for some of the equipment. "Hey!" I shouted as I pull out the Jack-O-Nines-Tails and swing it at the pirates. I was able to hit a couple but one of then grabbed the middle of the rope and pulled it, making me tumble to the side.

I miss the side for me to grab on and fall off the side of the house. I screamed as I see the Fenton Works emergency ops center go higher and higher while I fall to the ground. "(Y/N)!" I hear Danny exclaim and he flies towards me and catches me before I hit the ground. 

He flies us back up towards the tower just as the pirates took away an equipment and start to load it on their ship. "Oh no! They're stealing my dad's ghost shield generator!" Danny exclaimed as they board their ship and then disappear into thin air. "Well, so much for a quite night." I muttered as Danny sets me down on the tower then looks over the tower. "Dad's gonna be really ticked once he sees that this is gone." Danny said. "I'm sorry, Danny. I tried to stop them." I said but Danny waved his hand. "You don't need to apologize, (y/n). It's not your fault." He said. "I'm just glad you're safe."

I smile at him and kissed his cheek. I move away and look down at my watch and see the time. "Oh my gosh! I need to get home." I said as I began to head towards the door to enter the house. Danny grabs my shoulder and said. "Here, I'll take you home." Then he picks me up, carries me in his arms and flies me home

Once we make it to my house, I kiss him goodnight and head inside to get ready for bed.

The next day, I walk down to the kitchen and see my parents listening to that weird music from the portable radio we have on the kitchen counter. Both of them looked like they were really relaxed and really spaced out. I roll my eyes and go over and make a bowl of cereal as I listened to the stupid music. The beat sounded vaguely familiar but I couldn't place it as I sat down at the table, next to my folks, and ate breakfast.