Chapter 12: Attack of the Killer Garage Sale

"So, Saturday night plans." Sam said to me and the boys as we sit at the Nasty Burger. "I say we hit the amusement park. I hear the new roller coaster has a free galleries that'll take three years off your life expectancy." She said.

"Sounds awesome!" I replied.

"No way. It costs forty bucks just to get in there, not to mention food and stuff." Tucker remarked.

"Hey, if you're tapped out, I could lend you the cash." Sam said to him.

"Lend means repay and repay is out of my reach. Right, Danny?" Tucker asked but Danny didn't respond. I look over at him and see him staring off to the side at something.

"Danny? Hello?! Earth to Danny?!" I said but I don't get a response. The three of us look over to what he is staring at and we see that Dash is passing out invitations to a party he's throwing Saturday.

"Great. It's the hottest party of the whole school year and I'm not going, again." He said, dully.

"Why don't we get invited to the really cool parties? We've got style, charm, good looks. At least I do anyway." Tucker said.

"Dream on. On the social circuit, we're as invisible as Danny in his ghost mode." Sam said.

"Not that it'll matter five years from now, but we have each other, right?" I asked looking between the three of them. 

Then, suddenly, Dash comes up and slaps an invitation in Danny's face. "Here! Your sister made me invite you." He said, obviously he didn't look happy about this. Sam, Tucker and I look up at him but he only approaches me. "This one is for you." He said with a flirtatious smirk and I see out the corner of my eyes, Danny glaring at Dash.

"Ummm, okay....why? I thought I was a nerd?" I asked, confused.

Dash shrugs and said. "Just you two. Show up, shut it, go home and nobody gets hurt." Then he turns away and leaves. I frown at the invitation but Danny seems ecstatic about it as random classmates come up to us and start saying hi to us like we've been friends forever. "I'm....I'm invited! I've arrived!" Danny exclaimed. "Swell. Send us a postcard from Popularity-ville, you two." Sam said. I roll my eyes as Danny gets up and said. "I will!" And walks away.

Sam looks at me and asked. "Why would Dash invite you?" I shrug and said. "Probably to do with him always trying to get me to become his girlfriend. But that's never going to happen." I get up from the booth and said. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." And I walk out of Nasty Burger.

The next day, we were walking to school when Tucker said to Danny. "Seriously, Danny. Ever since you got that invitation, you're all about the In crowd."  "Come on, Tuck. That's ridiculous. Kwan! Looking good!" Danny shouts. A few feet away, Kwan looks over at us and shouts. "Fentonmeister! Woo hoo!" He shouts, raising his fists in the air. "He's right, Danny. It's like---" Sam started to say but Dash hollers. "Hey, Fenton! (Y/N)!" Danny rushes over as I roll my eyes. "We're not even here." Sam finishes her sentence. "I'll be back, guys." I said as I walk over to Danny and Dash.

"If you two are coming to my party, you have to look the part. This is what we're all wearing Saturday. Very high end, very hip, very Dash." Dash said as he shows us a magazine that displays high end clothes on the cover.

"You do have one, right?" Dash asked Danny.

"Huh? Uh, yeah! Oh, sure. I-I have two. That's how hip and high-end I am." Danny stammers.

"Well, wear one. I might have had to invite you, but if you embarrass me, your sister's going to be doing her thesis on your bruises!" Dash threaten. Then he looks over at me and smiles. "You can wear something nice but it doesn't matter what you wear, because you always look good." Dash said as he winks at me. I roll my eyes as he walks away.

Tucker and Sam walk up next to us as Danny said. "Oh, man. This must cost a fortune! Where am I going to get the money by Saturday?"  
"You know, I almost hate to offer--" Sam started to say but she was interrupted by Paulina shouting. "Hey, Danny! You wanna hear my new CD? It's really crunk!"  
"Is Crunk good?" Danny asked Tucker.

"It's Paulina." Tucker said.

"Crunk's good. Be right there!" Danny shouted then he walks over to Paulina. I growled under my breath as Sam says. "Okay this is getting really annoying " I nod in agreement and stomp my way to class.

​​​​*DANNY'S POV*

​​​​​​"Hey, Dad, can you spare me some cash? I-I need to buy some clothes for Saturday." I asked my dad. "Danny, Danny, Danny. You know, as inventors, your mother and I have plenty of money." Dad replied. "But as parents, we understand that you should understand the value of money. You want money, you gotta earn it." Mom said.

"You might mean, get a job?" I asked her.

"That, or sell something. Like your old comic books or some other junk you don't need." Dad replied.

"Uh, speaking of which, that junk from the Ghost Weasel explosion needs to go in the shed, if there's room. That old barn hasn't been cleaned out in years." said Mom as Dad grabs one of the boxes and hugs it. "This is not junk! Every single item in this box is of vital importance to me." He said and mom grabs a part from the box and asked. "Do you even know what this is?" Dad looks at the part for a second then said. "Not a clue. But I know own it's important, so it's off to the shed." And he hands me the box.

We walk towards the shed and Dad opens the door and turns on the light. I place one box and Dad drops one to the ground. "You know own, maybe I should get rid of this junk. Ah, well, that's a job for another day." Dad said and he walks out of the shed I glance around at the stuff and said. "Saturday's another day." And I flip the switch to turn the light off and close the door.

​​​​​​*YOUR POV*

​​​​​​"It's a perfectly good vacuum motor, Mr Lancer. Only used once! Ten bucks." Danny said to Lancer. It was Saturday and Danny took all of his parents stuff out of their shed and he starts selling them so he could get money for those stupid clothes. I was thinking about not going but Danny begged me to go so I, reluctantly, agreed. "Looks to be in fine shape. This should fix my Hair Hornet very nicely." Lancer said as he hands Danny ten bucks. "Hair Hornet? The slash vacuum cleaner slash hair clipper they sell on TV? Don't you need hair for that?" Tucker asked Lancer.

Lancer looks up at his bald head and said. "Good one, Mr Foley. I'll remember that on Monday, when I'm grading tests." And he walks away, angrily. Sam walks up to Danny and said. "Just sold a toaster. You know, I'm surprised your dad's letting you sell off all his stuff. He's such a pack rat."  "Yeah, well, he's been planning on getting rid of this junk for a long time. He won't miss it, I hope." Danny said. "Well, I'm pleased with the turnout today." I said.

"I'm still twenty bucks short of what I need for those sweats." Danny said as he looks over the stack of cash. "You two are still welcome to hang with us tonight. Mega-movie marathon at my place." Sam said.

"Your place? Wow. You never invite us to your place before." Danny replied.

"Because we're always fighting ghost with you." I said to him.

"I figured it's time--" Sam said but Dash shouts for Danny.

"Hey, Fentina!" Danny rushes over to him as Sam finishes her sentence.

"--for you to totally ignore me for about the billionth time this week." I shake my head and sigh at this. "I'd rather go to your place but I promised Danny I would go." I said to Sam, who smiles at me.

"You're really hung up on him, are you?" Sam asked me in a whisper. I blush and shrug at her. "Maybe." I whispered back to her and she smirks. Danny walks back to our us and said. "You guys don't mind cleaning up for me, do you? Great! See ya!" And he walks away.

"So now we're his clean up crew, too?" Sam asked as she crosses her arms. We look behind us and see Tucker leaving as well. "See you tonight, Sam!" He shouts. I look over at Sam and I see she has an annoyed look on her face.